LiteSpeed Web Server is the leading high-performance, high-scalability web server, featuring Apache interchangeability. When serving static content, LiteSpeed surpasses well-respected content accelerators including thttpd, boa and TUX. When it comes to dynamic content, LiteSpeed is more than 50% faster in PHP content delivery than Apache with mod_php.
This is a minor bug fixes release which includes:
Customers using a previous version of LiteSpeed Web Server is highly recommended to upgrade to this release.
- The internal process manager has been improved, 503 errors has been addressed.
- "Content-Disposition" response header pass-through has been added for internal redirect
- Improved control panel compatibilities, support for ISPConfig has been verified.
- A link problem with the update agent in 32 bit linux package has been fixed, you may have to update from 3.3.1 release manually.
- Minor performance tuning for LSAPI/FastCGI applications.
- A bug that uses wrong host name for reserve proxy has been fixed
- A problem with FrontPage support when Apache mod_frontpage was statically compiled in has been fixed.
We also released PHP LiteSpeed API 4.3.
In this release, a command line option has been added to enable generating formated PHP source code in HTML.
About LiteSpeed Technologies, Inc.
Based in New Jersey, LiteSpeed Technologies is a U.S. company dedicated to software technologies that enable faster Internet content delivery and infrastructure cost reduction for large websites, service providers, and enterprise datacenters.
LiteSpeed Web Server, the company's flagship product, is quickly becoming the industry leader of the web server market in terms of performance, scalability and security. LiteSpeed Web Server has been successfully deployed on many mega-scale web properties, including WordPress.com.
LiteSpeed Web Server is the only full-featured, optimized web server that is interchangeable with Apache. LiteSpeed Web Server seamlessly integrates with web hosting software including popular control panels.