PHP LSAPI Overview
PHP LiteSpeed SAPI has been developed to push PHP performance to next level, giving LiteSpeed Web Server better PHP performance than any other popular web server.
PHP LSAPI's optimized coding and use of native LiteSpeed configurations makes LSWS + LSAPI the fastest way to serve PHP:
- Up to 20% better performance than FastCGI.
- Up to 50% faster than Apache with mod_PHP and 75% faster than nginx with PHP-FPM.
- LiteSpeed's suEXEC Daemon and ProcessGroup modes fork PHP processes instead of creating new processes. This means more efficiency and allows secure opcode cache use even in shared hosting.
- PHP LSAPI fully supports suEXEC mode, a necessity for shared hosting.
- PHP LSAPI allows you to jail a PHP process with chroot.
- Change PHP configurations via web server configuration or .htaccess files.
- Run multiple versions of PHP at once and easily customize which files or virtual hosts use which version.
Shared Hosting Right for You
- LiteSpeed offers three setups for suEXEC PHP, all of which run circles around the competition.
- suEXEC Daemon mode offers blazing fast PHP, opcode caching, and efficient resource usage.
- suEXEC Worker helps out hosts with limited resources who need customized php.ini.
- suEXEC ProcessGroup combines the speed of Daemon mode and the customization of Worker mode while allowing hosts with extra RAM to leverage it into even better PHP opcode caching.
PHP LSAPI is the best way to run PHP. You're missing out if you're using anything else.
(PHP is automatically configured with LSAPI if you compile PHP using our control panel plugins or the Build PHP utility in the WebAdmin console.)