4.0 road map

Ruby Rack Support?

How about Ruby Rack support?

We have been working on 4.0 feature for a while, the first public beta will be available soon. The follow main feature has been planed
  • squid like disk cache (almost done, will be availabe in Beta1 release)
  • SSI support (due in beta 2)
  • python support with our own python LSAPI module
  • ASP.NET support with our own Mono LSAPI module
  • mod_security 2.0 rule parser
  • Improve real-time status report
  • Improve server scalability for mass hosting using control panels
  • Server performance fine tuning
  • native upload progress bar support, compatible with all existing non-scalable implemenation
  • option to backup and version control configuration file.
If you have suggestion on new feature, please let us know.

Stay tuned. :)

IrPr

Cool, my suggestion made it to the road map. I hope it will be as good as lighttpd server status page. :)
There are a lot of advantages in performances and scability with LSWS but one of the most disadvantages is poor server status againts another webservers
Apache has a server-status with minimal reports but lighttpd's server-status is great!

I would strongly suggest Server-status feature which has a lot of requests

How about limit number of concurrent connectons from an IP based on filetype on a vhost level and with proxy detection? Also, a whitelist to exempt certain IPs. This would come in handy for download servers where it could limit download accelerators from overloading the server.
Another requested feature is improved BW throtteling options for static files such as mod_limitipconn for apache which supports FILE TYPE, MIME TYPE and DIRECTORY
Or at least same feature per VHost not globally
my download servers got overloaded at every peak without these limits! i cant limit max connections globally because of my another customers :(

That would be really great to have this features in LSWS 4 and i cant wait

Thanks goes to LSWS Developers, Specially George

Last edited:

Tony

There are a lot of advantages in performances and scability with LSWS but one of the most disadvantages is poor server status againts another webservers
Apache has a server-status with minimal reports but lighttpd's server-status is great!

I would strongly suggest Server-status feature which has a lot of requests
I have to agree with you there. The latest beta has improved the status page quite a bit it's a lot easier to use now. But the one thing that is lacking is a quick way to see where all the requests are going to. It's great there are 5 requests to domain.com but where on domain.com?

It would also be neat if somehow a basic server-status could match up with the control panels way of showing it. That way in cPanel for example the apache status link still shows something but this time coming from litespeed. But I don't know how feasible that would be but then it would make it really a drop in.

Still love litespeed a lot more than Apache though :D

anewday

A better status page has been requested many times on this forum. I would also like the Apache Status page in WHM to be integrated with Litespeed's. ;)

TomBG

We will add an option to store vhost template members in a standalone flat text file.

This would be amazing. The only reason we're sticking with Apache conf's is because our hosting admin software uses templates for each virtualhost, and changing over to your XML format would be a hassle.

Any ETA on 4.0 release? Is anyone using 4.0 in production? I have about 10-20 web servers I'd like to migrate over and we just got a FreeBSD binary to play with.

Tony

Any ETA on 4.0 release? Is anyone using 4.0 in production? I have about 10-20 web servers I'd like to migrate over and we just got a FreeBSD binary to play with.
We use it on all our servers which is shared hosting. So for us that is the production level.

Have you had any issues since making the upgrade from to RC1? Do you think with the added features and easier transition from Apache 2.2 than you would get with version 3.3.24 makes up for any instability or bugs there might be?
Is v.4.0RC1 quite a bit easier to install and configure, especially with cPanel?

Tony

Have you had any issues since making the upgrade from to RC1? Do you think with the added features and easier transition from Apache 2.2 than you would get with version 3.3.24 makes up for any instability or bugs there might be?
Is v.4.0RC1 quite a bit easier to install and configure, especially with cPanel?

We're running RC1 without issue. We only use lsws and do not have Apache running at all. Everything runs great and cPanel plays nice with lsws so it does not know of anything.

The only headache we have is with frontpage as cPanel changed it's scripts recently for changing permissions and I have yet to figure them all out so that I can modify them to work with lsws. With frontpage use going down every day it's not a huge deal at this point for us.

Tony

Do you think v. 4.0RC1 would be easier to install and configure than version 3.3.24?
The only difference between them is with 3.3.24 we'd have to run Apache still to proxy back shtml files for ssi. With 4.0RC1 we do not have to do this so using the whm plugin you can build the matching php then have the plugin switch lsws to port 80 and shutoff apache.