fork() failed

Well, I got some issues. My website is working fine and fast, but I see this error a lot of times in the cp: 2009-06-24 15:58:39.102 ERROR fork() failed.

Why?

Also, after installing and running lsws for 30 min, webmin crashed, and I turned SSH of :/ (which I wont ever do again). So now I have no idea on how to start webmin again, because I would need to use SSH to check monthly b/w usage :/. Could this be due to lsws?

Edit: Now lsws crashed too :/. Gonna need to contact my host to ask them to restart my VPS.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
"fork() failed" is due to the limit of processes allowed for VPS has been reached.
If you use default LSWS configuration, it is not likely cause that problem. however, if you have tune some configurations to a high value that beyond what you VPS can handle, it could cause some problem.

You need shell access to check how many processes has been started, "ps -ef" should tell you that. if you have too many processes of certain type. you need to figure out why.

"fork() failed" is due to the limit of processes allowed for VPS has been reached.
If you use default LSWS configuration, it is not likely cause that problem. however, if you have tune some configurations to a high value that beyond what you VPS can handle, it could cause some problem.

You need shell access to check how many processes has been started, "ps -ef" should tell you that. if you have too many processes of certain type. you need to figure out why.
Well, I do run the default config (on litespeed standard)