Baffling listener behaviour

Hi Folks

Experiencing something rather odd. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding something?

I use sub domains for the different development versions of my sites, eg:

lio-test.mysite.com
lio-dev.mysite.com

I've done this many times with no problems. But setting up a listener for the following sub-domain:

asc-dev.mysite.com

LS is consistently directing requests to an entirely unrelated v-host mapping in the same listener (the domains aren't remotely similar).

With the v-host setting:

foo.mysite.com, asc-dev.mysite.com, asc_dev.mysite.com, ascdev.mysite.com

all the sub-domains work as expected except asc-dev. Changing the position of asc-dev.mysite.com in the string doesn't have any effect.

I'm confident this isn't a DNS or a rewrite issue, and there are no wildcards in the v-host setting of the site that's getting the misdirected requests, or the vhost that's being misdirected (as you can see).

So what is going on here? Am I missing something? Or could this be a bug in the listener's v-host parser?? I guess asc and dev are strings that are likely to turn up in code...

Obviously, I can work around this by using another sub-domain, but I'd prefer to use my normal format, as I have scripts that use it. Plus I'm intrigued!

Geoff

Nothing in the logs that I can see.

So what could cause this in the vhost setup?

The setup is simply a cut and paste from another similar site which works fine - I just changed the paths.

And so far as I can see the request never reaches the vhost - the listener is mapping it to the other domain at an earlier stage...

Last edited:
Maybe your local /etc/hosts override the IP for that domain?
Can't be that - it's just a minimal default configuration.

If the other domain is mapping to a different listener.
Can't be that either - as I said - both domains are mapped to the same listener.

Any ideas? It would be nice to get this fixed. Apart from anything else, I'm intrigued to figure out what could be causing this!

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Maybe somehow the other site's mapping includes "asc-dev", LSWS will use the first match.
Can you show the mapping of the other site in the status page of web console?