PHP LSAPI 5.0b2 feedback report

DraCoola

After using PHP LSAPI 5.0b2 release (http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=3545 and http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/showthread.php?p=17555 ), one of my user reporting error from php functions, and suddenly, disable_function on php.ini is affected to his script :

Screenshot ---> http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8485/afterphp.jpg

"Warning: get_current_user() has been disabled for security reasons" was never happen before (on default LSWS php) with the same php.ini configuration.
I am on 64 bit lsws (4.1RC2) with CENTOS 5.3, using php 5.2.11.
FYI : Cpanel has update their MySQL version to 5.0.85 at couple hours ago.

But.... moving that account/domain to my another Cpanel server (apache 2.2.14, default php 5.2.11, mod_suphp, MySQL 5.0.85, all are the same as my LSWS server, except for using LSWS + PHP LSAPI 5.0b2) has cured that script.

Last edited:

DraCoola

Yes it does.
But that doesn't influence before either on the same script and the same php.ini
So the old php has "some kind of broken" because it still can passing through disable_function configuration?

Btw I try to put custom php.ini (without disabling get_current_user) on that user directory (on LSWS server) but still resulting the same.
How to make LSWS to accept custom php.ini applied to per user?

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It works as expected then. :)

You can override the php.ini in main httpd.conf <virtualhost ...> section with php_admin_value.

Per user custom php.ini does not work by default, search for "PHPRC" if you want to use per user php.ini.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If you configure per user php.ini, the global php.ini will be ignored for that user, so it could be a security concern for shared hosting environment as you lost the central control of php.ini.

DraCoola

I don't really understand about "PHPRC"...
But I perhaps need to override php.ini as per request if my user ask for that.
So not the rest of them.
I hope can soon find that "PHPRC" on this forum or on your wiki docs :)

If custom php.ini for one user can override global php.ini, so that user can do anything, e.g. : walking around another user dir and my whole server with php shell?

By the way... the other php error warning on above screenshot (except error caused by disable function) are purely caused by PHP LSAPI 5.0b2?
Even the user has migrated and cured now to apache server, I hope you can fix that on the next b3 release :)

DraCoola

But moving that script to another server (default Cpanel, apache) with all the same software configurations, versions, kernel, and hardwares, (LSWS server on dallas, Apache server on seatle) make all of error warning are completely dissapear.

Please suggest me on how to fix this php internal errors

Last edited:

priestjim

When compiling against PHP 4.4.9, I get this error:

gcc -Isapi/litespeed/ -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/sapi/litespeed/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/include -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/main -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9 -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/imap -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/ext/mbstring/mbregex -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/usr/include/ncurses -I/usr/include/pspell -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/ext/xml/expat -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/TSRM -I/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/Zend -g -O2 -c /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.c -o sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.o && echo > sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.lo
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.c: In function `add_variable_magic_quote':
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.c:205: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.c: In function `sapi_lsapi_register_variables':
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.c:234: warning: passing arg 2 of `php_register_variable' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.c:235: warning: passing arg 2 of `php_register_variable' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.c: In function `init_request_info':
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-4.4.9/sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.c:382: error: structure has no member named `register_long_arrays'
make: *** [sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.lo] Error 1
**ERROR** Could not compile PHP