Litespeed + cPanel + Cloudlinux

[Resolved] CloudLinux Installation Problem

Hello iseletsk,

I am facing an issue with running CloudLinux. I already have a server running CentOS + CPanel + LiteSpeed. Then I converted CentOS to CL using the process as shown in section Switch From CentOS to CloudLinux today at -- <http:>cloudlinux.com/downloads/index.php

However, after following the 3 steps as shown in the above link, the command "lveps" does NOT work and gives error "-bash: lveps: command not found". Aby idea what am I doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello iseletsk,

I am facing an issue with running CloudLinux. I already have a server running CentOS + CPanel + LiteSpeed. Then I converted CentOS to CL using the process as shown in section Switch From CentOS to CloudLinux today at -- <http:>cloudlinux.com/downloads/index.php

However, after following the 3 steps as shown in the above link, the command "lveps" does NOT work and gives error "-bash: lveps: command not found". Aby idea what am I doing wrong?
Did you get any errors while running centos2cl?
when you do uname -a: do you see cloudlinux kernel?
what is the result of rpm -qa|grep lve?

Thanks iseletsk, for your fast response. Let me contact you right away at your cloudlinux.com mailbox. Once this gets resolved, I will post the resolution here.

My issue have been resolved. Thanks a LOT to "iseletsk" for his AWESOME help.
To resolve my problem, the following was done...

1) Edit file: /etc/yum.conf
2) Append this line to the above file: plugins=1

After that, the normal setup process just worked fine. Thanks again to "iseletsk". :)

QuantumNet

Hi Igor,

We exchanged a few emails a week or so ago, I'm Dan from EZPZ Hosting (as my forum name suggests).

The CPU limit is at 25 and procs is at 30.

A client ran a script designed to stress the server which just killed disk I/O. Obviously clients wouldn't be doing this in a "real-world" environment but it was enough to show us the protection isn't quite what we expected.

If you want to have a look at the setup and run the script you're more than welcome to have the root details.

Dan

They say that Disk IO protection will be in future versions of Cloudlinux

They say that Disk IO protection will be in future versions of Cloudlinux
Until this gets implemented, a simple workaround will be to use "ionice" to de-prioritize the high IO processes. Run a cronjob every 1-minute to detect high IO process and apply ionice to them. Just my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

cmanns

Make yourself some extra money and upgrade them to a dedi? Tell them to fix their code?
Well enabling PHP caching again solved it mostly and limiting php processes. Wordpress eats a lot

We only use litespeed due to better memory management I honestly don't feel quicker page loads, bout same as apache under load before it'd hang up. However the loads are smooth, no matter what the req/sec it's solid and from the munin graph it looks rock solid so I'm beginning to find LiteSpeed worth the cost already.

Enabling PHP caching again stopped the high cpu loads randomly (PHP proc's of wordpress love to just spike to 60/90 even 99/101%) so if some client's get a burst and their blog is running like crap :rolleyes:

XCache knocked the CPU usage down amazingly :D, didn't eralize how much benefit it was since I've used it for 3 years straight, our box would just swap though so obviously LiteSpeed does somthing right with PHP :cool:

Last edited:

cmanns

What I also mean is any site like wordpress etc can spike up a good ammount of CPU usage, getting it limited would be nice, I only want people able to use 150% in total from PHP for example, that'll stretch our 4 cores further, then when we pop another cpu in even further.

Hi does your CL have any benefit besides resource control?

We have client who has php processes that max out all cores time to time, how would ths be controled?
This is exactly what we are controlling when we say that we control resources.
We will not allow client's PHP processes to use more CPU resources that you set the limit too. As the result, he will not be able to affect any of your other clients.
This is also the reason we started with CPU/entry processes -- this limits are the most commonly bridged in shared hosting.

optize

[fixed]

It seems Litespeed now has the ability to turn on/off CL. I turned mine 'on' in the admin panel, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Has anyone had any issues with 4.0.16 Litespeed and CL?

Last edited by a moderator:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Every time you start LSWS, there should be a LVE log entry in stderr.log

check pid of lscgid,
lsof -p <pid_of_lscgid>

it should list liblve library and /dev/lve there.