[Solved] Domlogs not generated

For some reason LSWS is not generating domlogs, I was looking all over the setting and I can't find an option that may be check on where this are disabled. If I switch to Apache everything works fine.

At "Configuration" --> Server --> log is set

Access Log: $SERVER_ROOT/logs/access.log
Piped Logger: No Set
Log Format: No Set
Rolling Size (bytes): 2000 M
Keep Days: 30
Compress Archive: Yes

With this setting in other servers domlogs are being generated without any problem, but not on one server. I'm not sure if there's any setting that I may be missing (Server run Whm/Cpanel)

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Have you checked the permission of /usr/local/apache/domlogs/, and the log file? "nobody" user should have write permissions. "chmod/chown" may fix this.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Apache create the log file with "root" user and keep the file open, there wont be any permission problem.

LSWS create those log files on demand with "nobody" user, you need to do the one time fix of the permission when LSWS is used.

Permision and ownership of the folder is perfect, I tried recreating the whole domlogs folder, when I restart litespeed domlogs files are recreated, but not populated with any data.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
can you give output of

ls -ld /usr/local/apache/domlogs
ls -l /usr/local/apache/domlogs/<one domain access log file>

send PM if you think the data is sensitive.

ls -ld /usr/local/apache/domlogs
drwxr-xr-x 250 root wheel 155648 Jan 17 23:42 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/

ls -l /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody username 0 Jan 17 21:13 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com

Last edited by a moderator: