White Page when loading site

Hey guys,

I have been doing some research and am unable to find anything on this issue, so excuse me if i am asking an already asked question.

I have configured a linux VPS to work with Litespeed Standard web server, this server is also running as one of the name servers. I can confirm the domain name has been delegated fine, and test from several locations show the DNS has propagated.
Although every time i go to visit my website, it just loads a blank page.
The HTML source is empty and nothing appears to be going into the error logs.

I am completely stumped on this one, i know their is content in the correct document root, im pretty much new to litespeed and would appreciate some kind directions :)

NiteWave

Administrator
need more specific about your issue. for example, if there is a 0 byte index.html under your document root, then white page is normal.

webizen

then it must be an LSWS native vhost. If it is from Apache httpd.conf, you would have to set "Load Apache Configuration" => Yes in Admin Console => Configuration => Server => Using Apache Configuration File.

You need to create a listener on port 80 and map the vhost in question (with domain name) to that listener.

Hey Mate,

I got the following output:

curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'host: www.domainname.com.au'
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:40:52 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.17 (Ubuntu)
Last-Modified: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 05:47:48 GMT
ETag: "45223-2-4acb8111ef50f"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 2
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Type: text/html

Now i find this weird, and NSLOOKUP can resolve the domain name fine, and intodns resolves the domain name fine so i don't believe that.
Also it says the server is Ubuntu, wrong its CentOS.
The CentOS server is a minimal install, i have never had Apache on there before.

So now im even more lost!

Hey,

This time it resolved, but it still says by server is ubuntu with apache running!?!? no idea where that has come from :(

[root@srv ~]# curl -I -H 'host: www.domainname.com.au' XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/index.html
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 23:21:13 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.17 (Ubuntu)
Last-Modified: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 05:47:48 GMT
ETag: "45223-2-4acb8111ef50f"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 2
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Type: text/html

The output is below:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 3263/litespeed (lsh

Been having a play with it again, some domains will load fine, and others will load a white page. Then for some reason they will switch!!!

They all have the correct virtual host configurations, and are all mapped to the listener. Also something else i have noticed, SOMETIMES it will work if i have a hosts file record pointing at the server.

This seems weird because the domain names are delegated correctly, and they resolve to the exact same IP.

Dear webizen,

I really do appreciate your help on this issue :)

Yes even when it is hard coded into my hosts file, it still fails sometimes.
And Yes they are all native LWSW vHosts.

Im starting to wondering if i just re-install the server will be easier haha :)

Kind Regards

Leigh

webizen

do you have a proxy somewhere in between? seems fine if request hits the server. blank page if gets sent elsewhere (served by apache).

you may shutdown lsws and make request to see if you still get served by apache (for testing) or re-install and see if problem still occurs. pm me temporary server access if you like if it still does.