Method not allowed with POST

I get "Method not allowed" when i try a POST method in a web form that is made with Coffeecup form builder 5.5

I compiled the PHP 4/5 Universal Module 2.3 with PHP 5.2.0 and everything is installed ok but i did not change anything in the litespeed configuration to handle php scripts or the POST method

Anyone can guide me to make it work ?

Thanks

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Are you getting this as an php error or litespeed error?

Most likely your form html is invalid. Please post your html form.

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
POST method is enabled. There is no way to disable it.

You need to enable "debug logging", via "Service Manager", test the broken url, and send us the relevant log entries.

I don't think it was a POST method that broke.

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Make sure your form html contains "action" attribute pointing to the php file.

From the error log, it looks like your have broken html causing the web browser to submit a POST request to a static file which for security reasons is not allowed in litespeed.

Well the coffeecup software is rather odd on making forms....is there an email that i can send you the 4 files so you can check them ?

Thanks

Make sure your form html contains "action" attribute pointing to the php file.

From the error log, it looks like your have broken html causing the web browser to submit a POST request to a static file which for security reasons is not allowed in litespeed.

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
If you post the relevant, <form>*</form>, entries someone in the forum can check it out and point out your error.

To be honest, this is really not the correct place for html coding help. I would first highly recommend you to go a google check for "html form tag syntax" and pay attention to the "action" attribute.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I think your PHP configuration is not right, *.php is treated as static file, so POST is not allowed, check your lsphp external app and script handler configuration, pay attention to the error/warning message when LSWS starts.

Can you give me a step by step list that i can check with the most details possible ?

Thanks

I think your PHP configuration is not right, *.php is treated as static file, so POST is not allowed, check your lsphp external app and script handler configuration, pay attention to the error/warning message when LSWS starts.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
try to access any PHP script, see if it works. If not, reinstall you server with php support enabled during installation. check you PHP script again. Replace lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp with your own PHP binary, restart server, check PHP script again.
If everything works, try your POST test, if not, check error.log, stderr.log see if there is any clue.

How do i enable php support during installation ?

try to access any PHP script, see if it works. If not, reinstall you server with php support enabled during installation. check you PHP script again. Replace lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp with your own PHP binary, restart server, check PHP script again.
If everything works, try your POST test, if not, check error.log, stderr.log see if there is any clue.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The install script should prompt:
Code:
Setup up PHP [Y/n]:
Default is yes. It should be enabled unless you select "n".
Please make sure to select "Reinstall" when you run the install.sh, "Upgrade" will not show that option.

Could you please delete this Thread it has been resolved a long time ago.... ?

The install script should prompt:
Code:
Setup up PHP [Y/n]:
Default is yes. It should be enabled unless you select "n".
Please make sure to select "Reinstall" when you run the install.sh, "Upgrade" will not show that option.