How to get workingwith plesk?

Also I didn't install eaccelerator at time of install and when I try to add now using: /root/sources/lsws-3.2.1/admin/misc/enable_phpa.sh after I choose eaccelerator choice 2 I get error saying: [ERROR] Cannot find PHP executable, not able to determine PHP version - also tried APC same error. I then went and reinstalled litespeed from the beginning and was able to add eaccelerator that way. Just info you may need to improve enable_phpa.sh.
Please run enable_phpa.sh from the directory where you have LSWS installed, for example, /opt/lsws/admin/misc/enable_phpa.sh if you installed it to /opt/lsws. It will not work properly if you run it from the original source directory.

I removed open_base_dir none and added a path and have uslister working but not getting the speeds I expected can you take a look and compare and check my configurations? Apache with my hacks running about the same speed right now. www.uslister.com:2080 for litespeed

Last edited:
I removed open_base_dir none and added a path and have uslister working but not getting the speeds I expected can you take a look and compare and check my configurations? Apache with my hacks running about the same speed right now. www.uslister.com:2080 for litespeed
Most of the static content (images, etc.) on that page is still loading from the Apache server. Were you able to get eAccelerator or APC working?

No I tested speeds by setting the offset to zero and shut down httpd so the test was a pure litespeed test which I confirmed by looking at my php config:

PHP Version 4.4.7

System Linux affiliasolutions.com 2.6.8-1.521smp #1 SMP Mon Aug 16 09:25:06 EDT 2004 i686
Build Date May 23 2007 06:55:16
Configure Command ./configure --with-litespeed --with-config-file-path=../php --with-mysql=../mysql --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=.. --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=.. --with-png-dir=.. --enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-magic-quotes
Server API LiteSpeed
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lsws/php/php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20050606
Debug Build no
Zend Memory Manager enabled
Thread Safety disabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, compress.zlib

As far as eaccelerator it is on:

eAccelerator
eAccelerator support enabled
Version 0.9.5
Caching Enabled true
Optimizer Enabled false
Memory Size 16,777,180 Bytes
Memory Available 16,772,744 Bytes
Memory Allocated 4,436 Bytes
Cached Scripts 1
Removed Scripts 0
Cached Keys 0

Directive Local Value Master Value
eaccelerator.allowed_admin_path no value no value
eaccelerator.cache_dir /tmp/eaccelerator /tmp/eaccelerator
eaccelerator.check_mtime 1 1
eaccelerator.compress 1 1
eaccelerator.compress_level 9 9
eaccelerator.debug 0 0
eaccelerator.enable 1 1
eaccelerator.filter no value no value
eaccelerator.log_file no value no value
eaccelerator.name_space no value no value
eaccelerator.optimizer 0 0
eaccelerator.shm_max 0 0
eaccelerator.shm_only 0 0
eaccelerator.shm_prune_period 0 0
eaccelerator.shm_size 16 16
eaccelerator.shm_ttl 0 0

Last edited:
I thought I can't use eaccelerator optimization if I am running php in suEXEC? The instructions for PLESK say to set that on? Also my apache running php shows ioncube with zend optimizer:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.22, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd., and with Zend Optimizer v2.6.2, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

While lite speed shows ioncube without zend optimizer:

Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.22, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd., and with eAccelerator v0.9.5, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator

How can I set both optimizations on?

Last edited:
I thought I can't use eaccelerator optimization if I am running php in suEXEC? The instructions for PLESK say to set that on? Also my apache running php shows ioncube with zend optimizer:

Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.22, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd., and with Zend Optimizer v2.6.2, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

While lite speed shows ioncube without zend optimizer:

Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.22, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd., and with eAccelerator v0.9.5, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator

How can I set both optimizations on?
I believe you can have ionCube PHP Loader, eAccelerator, and Zend Optimizer coexist, but you may have to fiddle with the loading order in the php.ini. Copy the Zend Optimizer configuration from your Apache php.ini to your LSWS php.ini. It might not work on the first try, but try switching around the placement of the three extensions.

I believe you can have ionCube PHP Loader, eAccelerator, and Zend Optimizer coexist, but you may have to fiddle with the loading order in the php.ini. Copy the Zend Optimizer configuration from your Apache php.ini to your LSWS php.ini. It might not work on the first try, but try switching around the placement of the three extensions.
It is indeed possible to do this. You will have to load IonCube first as a zend_exntension, then eAccelerator as just an extension (not a zend_extension), and then finally, Zend Optimizer.

eAccelerator works with suexec in litespeed without any problems.