Rails stopped running with LSAPI 2.7

palb

Please help. I updated with gem and now my apps doesn't run.

I should add that I messed around with the gem mysql. I had problem with the update, but after "gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-config" I was able to install it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Has the gem being properly installed. maybe it take for a while to have all rubyforge mirrors got synced. Can you compare the source files in the gem package and the tar.gz package from our site?

palb

Has the gem being properly installed. maybe it take for a while to have all rubyforge mirrors got synced. Can you compare the source files in the gem package and the tar.gz package from our site?
I guess I could. Haven't done something like that before.

--

Now when I look in /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ I find another dir called gems (that is ../gems/gems/) and in there I find a directory called ruby-lsapi-2.7. Should it be there?

palb

It should be /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-lsapi-2.7, something wrong with your gem installation.
Hmm. I think I'll uninstall everything about Rubygems and reinstall it. Do you know if that means rm the gems directory in /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8? And what is this site_ruby directory? Should I also remove the file rubygems.rb in there?

(Btw, in site_ruby I also have a file called ubygems.rb. Sounds strange, doesn't it.)