Swapping

Giorgi

We will try to have your issue addressed in up coming 3.3 release.
It may not be the issue of your TMP partition. If you run lshttpd in 32bit system, you may run into virtual memory limit problem if there a few upload/download session for large files. 3.3 release will have it addressed. It is due in next week.
Guess, I'll have to wait then :)

but what will that update improve? I mean how are you gonna solve that?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
First, it will use tmp swap for file larger than 1MB.
Second, we keep the part of a swap file being mapped into process memory space as small as possible to avoid exhausting the address space of a 32bit process.

You should continue to pursue the "internal redirect" route by all means though, that's the right way to do it. :)

Giorgi

First, it will use tmp swap for file larger than 1MB.
Second, we keep the part of a swap file being mapped into process memory space as small as possible to avoid exhausting the address space of a 32bit process.

You should continue to pursue the "internal redirect" route by all means though, that's the right way to do it. :)
its no use, script is built that way and developer dont want to change it, as it works well with Apache.

so this update will solve my large file upload/download problem? will 20gb tmp be enough? and when exactly this update is planned?

thank you :)

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
its no use, script is built that way and developer dont want to change it, as it works well with Apache.
he can test the server string and make it work with both Apache and litespeed. The change is pretty simple. How is the boss there? :)

so this update will solve my large file upload/download problem? will 20gb tmp be enough? and when exactly this update is planned?
Yes, it should solve your problem and 20gb should be enough. Maybe next week.

Giorgi

he can test the server string and make it work with both Apache and litespeed. The change is pretty simple. How is the boss there? :)
I have purchased this script, so I am not the boss :)

Yes, it should solve your problem and 20gb should be enough. Maybe next week.
so its not decieded yet? Ok, will wait :)

before that, what does this error means exactly:

Code:
[85.118.114.19:31045-0#APVH_www.mysite.com] out of swapping space while reading request body!

Giorgi

Please be patient, fix to your problem is in upcoming 3.3 release. The security issue must be addressed immediately.
Of course, mistwang, thats no problem, but I dont even know when its coming, and I am really in bad situation as I am starting to loose customers, they can upload only small sized files and thats all :((

can you tell me at least deadline for that update?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If you would like, PM me temp login, I can take a quick look at your configuration.
To convert back to Apache, just stop LSWS, then start Apache, and take care of the rc script.