Ideal Process Soft Limit, and Hard Limit

In External Application Resource what would be the ideal values for the following

-Process Soft Limit
-Process Hard Limit

for a 8Gig RAM, 4core server, 2core lightspeed licences and vhost a total on 300.

Also should values on Server -> Security -> External Application Resources be similar with Server -> External App -> lsphp5 ?

NiteWave

Administrator
> Server -> Security -> External Application Resources
not exist

for "ideal Process Soft Limit, and Hard Limit", default one is good for most cases.

for example lsphp5, you can
pstree -p|grep lsphp5 |wc
to know how many lsphp5 are running on your server.
you can set the limit big enough, say 1000,2000, i.e., almost no limit, see if your system load is too high.

NiteWave

Administrator
that mean they are only 6 lsphp5 process running on the server.

the process limit is to limit the number of running processes.

you see, your server is quite idle, only 6 processes running, there is no difference you set set limit to 200 or 300.

that mean they are only 6 lsphp5 process running on the server.

the process limit is to limit the number of running processes.

you see, your server is quite idle, only 6 processes running, there is no difference you set set limit to 200 or 300.
just an educational question I getting 6 processes running in my other servers is this normal? or is there something that needs to be corrected to increase it?

NiteWave

Administrator
just an educational question I getting 6 processes running in my other servers is this normal? or is there something that needs to be corrected to increase it?
it's normal. more lsphp processes will be forked if your traffic increase. if only 6 lsphp process can handle your current traffic well, why not more ?

NiteWave

Administrator
it's increased automatically --- when your traffic increase, number of lsphp5 processes will increase automatically. when the traffic drop, the number decrease automatically.