Litespeed license expired, server downtime caused, but license was prolonged...

First of all would like to tell we guarantee 99% uptime to our customers within our SLA and will agree with money back if client's site was down due to problems with the server(due to our fault). So, we have using Litespeed on our production servers with many users, and using lease license with automatic prolongation, so our CC charged and license updated automatically.

We have got few messages from one of our servers informing us that license will expire in N days. We checked with the lshttpd that new license was received and used by the server, so

lhttpd -V

showing us that anything is OK and license will expire in next N+30 days (32 days), so we have time .

The most fun thing is that when old license was expired Litespeed did not thought to use new license, which was already automatically prolonged, instead it stop working, and simply inform us on this happy news by mail. Guys... You are calling this a mechanism of license check for the production software? What do you suppose I should do, next time license expire? Sit at server waiting when old license expire, restarting litespeed manually to force it to use new license? Situation is "pizdets"(i mean awful)...

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Sorry about that, it is due to a bug introduced recently that LSWS failed to reload the license key after it being updated, we have fixed the problem in 3.3.19 release, it will be available today.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Sit at server waiting when old license expire, restarting litespeed manually to force it to use new license? Situation is "pizdets"(i mean awful)...
You do not need to wait till the old license expire, you may not aware that we add 7 days to license expire date as grace period. When you pay your license on time, there should have about 7 days left on your old license when it gets updated to the new expire date, usually around 37 days. So, if by any chance that LSWS get restarted during the 7 days, the new license key will be loaded. So, once you get the email notification, you can restart LSWS right away, no wait.

Just some clarification, and it will be addressed completely in our 3.3.19 release.

If i bought an owned license, does something get hard coded on my server so it does not need to check if license is still valid on a daily basis?

Last edited: