installing zend

how do i go about installing zend optimizer.
i already downloaded, extracted and ran the zend optimizer install.sh file, it asked me where my php.ini file is, i pointed to ALL the php.ini files found (did a "locate php.ini". Restarted the web server, and after checking the php.php(a file that shows the php info) i noticed nothing changed.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The php.ini used by the pre-built PHP binary is located at lsws/conf/php.ini, and the path to php.ini should be in the phpinfo page as well.

ts77

and don't forget to restart lsws after installing zend (or do at least a graceful restart through the webinterface).

Hello

Hi guys
I have similar issue. But I have compiled multiple PHP version with litespeed.
Zend optimizer is running with default version (5.2.17) but I cannot run it with my second verion which is 5.3.8.
I've copied the exact php.ini from 5.2.17 to 5.3.8 and these the line in my php.ini :

extension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613"
zend_extension="/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.9/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so"
zend_extension="/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so"
extension = "suhosin.so"
extension = "pdo.so"
extension = "pdo_sqlite.so"
extension = "sqlite.so"
extension = "pdo_mysql.so"

But Zend optimizer still does not runs.
Can you help me please?

NiteWave

Administrator
/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so for 5.2.x should not work with php-5.3.x.
you need rebuild or copy /php-5.3.x/ZendOptimizer.so so working with php-5.3.x

NiteWave

Administrator
it's to my surprise, too, search out this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11584109/load-zend-optimizer-for-php-5-3
"Zend Optimizer doesn't exist for PHP 5.3.

The product was renamed ZendGuard when it was released for PHP 5.3. However, ZendGuard cannot load files that were encoded for Zend Optimizer, and vice versa -- they're effectively two separate products. If you've got an application that was encoded for Zend Optimizer, you're stuck on PHP 5.2."

hope this can answer your questions perfectly.