Wordpress will not upload

priestjim

Hi all,

I've been getting a strange error with every website running Wordpress ever since I recompiled PHP 5.2.17 with the LSAPI present on LSWS 4.1.11. More specifically the asynchronous file upload script will not work (/wp-admin/async-upload.php) and the admin will get an

HTTP Error

error box. Specifications follow:

PHP: 5.2.17 / LSAPI
LSWS: 4.1.11

On 2-3 test customers I troubleshooted, the error occurred even with all the plugins turn off. Wordpress was at the latest version. The error occurs only sporadically but it is an issue. The error does not occur on an Apache installation.

Any help would be appreciated!

priestjim

Sadly no, these are the clues I have. Even strace'ing the process running the upload shows nothing (to my not that much trained eye).

priestjim

Actually, it will. 4.1.12 breaks randomly static file transfers (like images, css or js files) and corrupts them, leaving the client with half-downloaded files.

NiteWave

Administrator
I tried to reproduce your issue on latest wp-3.3.2 + lsws 4.1.12 + php 5.2.11 at our lab, but failed. using "multi-file uploader".
can you suggest how to reproduce the issue quickly?

priestjim

Here is some more information about my setup:

- lsphp 5.2.17 with configure flags:

'--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-t1lib=/usr' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--enable-libevent' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-mime-magic' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-bcmath=shared' '--enable-dba=shared' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-ldap-sasl' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-mysqli=shared,/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--enable-dom=shared' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--enable-wddx=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--enable-soap=shared' '--with-xsl=shared,/usr' '--enable-xmlreader=shared' '--enable-xmlwriter=shared' '--with-curl=shared,/usr' '--with-curl-wrappers' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pdo-pgsql=shared,/usr' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr' '--enable-json=shared' '--enable-zip=shared' '--with-readline' '--enable-dbase=shared' '--with-pspell=shared' '--with-mcrypt=shared,/usr' '--with-mhash=shared,/usr' '--with-tidy=shared,/usr' '--enable-sysvmsg=shared' '--enable-sysvshm=shared' '--enable-sysvsem=shared' '--enable-posix=shared' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--with-litespeed' '--enable-suhosin'
- upload dir is /tmp which is mounted on tmpfs
- suexec is on
- server is Plesk 9.5
- mysql is 5.1.62
- the issue will occur randomly but it will occur. So if you try, say 20 or 30 uploads, one of them will eventually fail.

justme

Hi,
any progress on this issue?
lsws standart 4.1.13 on ubuntu 11.10 64bit, wordpress 3.4.1
Client Ka M R In/Total Out/Total VHost Handler P Request
89.92.x 0 PR 222.6 119961/119961 0/0 x.fr php-fpm 223 POST /wp-admin/media-upload.php?inline=&upload-pag ..."
89.92.x 0 PR 201.4 120128/120128 0/0 x.fr php-fpm 202 POST /wp-admin/async-upload.php HTTP/1.1

uploadprogress.so has been added, php.ini mem is over 200MB allocated, ditto for max body size. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't (result == stall). It got broken since 4.1.x (was OK in 4.0.x).
Thanks for your help!

justme

if it's fastcgi/php-fpm, since I'm lack of the experience, may not help you much. the reason not use lsapi php ?
Because you don't have lsapi packages for Ubuntu? I did use lsapi with previous versions and went through the pain of compiling the package, but it is not practical for everyday's use with security fixes being pushed quite often. And since I am not concerned by performance issues and php-fpm is very close performance-wise, it would be nice that you support it since there's an obvious litespeed bug there and I don't feel like switching all conf to nginx/lighttpd :confused: