Subdomains with Plesk

Hey guys,
I'd like to set up a subdomain for a domain but it doesn't work the way I expected. So I need some help with the DNS.
First of all, I set up a subdomain for the domain in Plesk 8.
As a result, in the DNS menu for the domain there's a new host called "subdomain.mydomain.com", Record type is "A" (whatever this means ...) and value is my IP address.
In Litespeed, I created a new vHost and added it to my default listener. The domain here is "subdomain.mydomain.com", too.
So, do you have an idea of what I did wrong or what I did forget to make this subdomain running?
Thank you for help!

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Is litespeed loading Apache's httpd.conf? or all vhosts were configured from LiteSpeed Web console?
Looks like all vhosts are managed with LiteSpeed web console, what you have done should work to me.
As long as you configure the subdomain exactly as the main domain vhost, it should work.

Yes, I configured all vHosts from LiteSpeed.
Even just adding the subdomain to the main vHost's entry doesn't work.
My browser "tells" me that it isn't able to find the server. So I suspect that the problem is not caused by LiteSpeed but by the DNS settings. But I haven't any experiences or knowledge about it.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks for your help.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It is beyond the scope of the support we could provide, honestly. :)

If the DNS server has been hosted on the local server, changes make in Plesk should work.
If the DNS server was hosted somewhere else, like the domain register or the ISP's domain server, then you need to login to the domain management interface there and made changes.

The first thing you need to find out is which DNS server is used for your domain. That information is available from your domain register.