Server Optimization request

Hi, my serverload is some what high even it's lower compare to when i used apache.

So can you suggest me some number to change to archive lower load?
I am on 1st day trial but i see great improvement.

Server is Dual core Opteron 170
4GB ram, 73GB SCSI 15K
Only Running Litespeed webserver for a big Vbulletin site ( database on different server)
Here is my top:

Also, seem like the trial version have some limit since the litespeed slow down at certain point and keep working at that speed. So would the liecenced eliminate this?

This is the graph of datatransfer between the webserver and database server. i used to push more with apache though

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Have you used any kind of PHP opcode cache? eAccelerator or APC? Have you utilize something like memcache?
Does the web server connected to backend DB server via a dedicate link? or shared with the web traffic?
The trial license does not limit the performance. Please try the PHP opcode cache first. right now your server is bounded by PHP performance.

Thanks, I fixed the problem. I think the number of Max Connections in External App was setting too low. I increased the number and the server push hard now.

I use APC cache.

Also, i am trying the Trial on another server with no control panel. I followed the instructions closely but when i stop apache, server stop working.

Server running CentOS 5. Apache 2.2.3

Do you have any idea how to solve it?

Last edited:
eAccelerator, my friend. These lsphp processes will go down from 12% or so to only 1 or 2%.

Memcache and other accelerators work similarly. eAccelerator was initially recommended to me by one of the vBulletin developers and I have used it for years and it worked for me stable for years.