JSP vs PHP

Marcus

Hi,

I'm interested in the performance of using JSP's over PHP with Litespeed. I have a few questions:

1) Using a bytecode cache like eAccelerator for PHP and the LSAPI, how does the typical performance of JSP's compare - specifically on pages-per-second (I realize that this is a hard thing to measure, but for say a database access and HTML-generation).

2) Have you found a JSP server to perform consistently better (e.g. Tomcat, Resin?).

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I do not have an answer to your question. we only try to make both run as fast as they could with LiteSpeed, have not compare performance of those two. :)

Maybe you can google for it.

JSP is more popular in the enterprise world, while PHP is more popular in pure web application.

for me i would prefer jsp, because it is important in my study right now, but as i have been browsing the web, php is more dominant. but well that's just for me, some says jsp. nonetheless, as long as it's secure and works well, why not.

I think Tomcat is performing better and consisting every time. In my office I had used Tomcat for a pretty long time and it never created any issues for me. There are many JSP servers available now. You can compare the requirements you need and then decide.

List of schools in Muscat

Last edited: