How do you integrate Litespeed?

fhdk

I am currently looking at LiteSpeed as a possible replacement for Apache. However, there is something I seem to not understand.

Since LiteSpeed uses this horrible web interface rather than simple config files, how does one provision virtual hosts automatically?

In our environment we have built our own hosting platform and our own provisioning platform, which today provisions configuration for Apache.

When I look at LiteSpeed it seems that the only configuration files I can find are complex XML, which is fine, if I could find some good documentation on the subject.

However, it seems that all support articles and such mostly tells me how to click around in the web interface.

I had hoped there were some form of API that I could talk to in order to provision vhosts - but I can't find that.

So basically: How do you integrate Litespeed into your custom built hosting platform not based on Plesk/cPanel/other supported cp?

fhdk

Thanks for the link. I'm aware of the ability to read Apache configurations directly but that's not the solution I am looking for.

However, I'd rather use native LSWS configuration. Since we have written our provisioning platform ourselves, we can basically do anything with it - and thus we can alter it to manage LSWS.

What I'm looking for is the best way to manage LSWS vhosts other than poking around in the web interface manually. Do you have some literature on that?