vbulletin + litespeed

I am running vbulletin, i want maximum users online.

What kind of setup do i need?

Litespeed
PHP handler?
Which cache?

People running this forum help me?

I am aware of this.

I have Litespeed, single physical server with 4 litespeed cores.
What should i run?

DSO or Fastcgi?
APC or xCache
Litespeed Built in Cache over that?
VbOptimise?

Does APC or XCache work fine with Litespeed? Where is the configuration details for that? im using litespeed 4.2.2

NiteWave

Administrator
DSO or Fastcgi?
-- lsphp5 is fast cgi classs,

APC or xCache
-- either is ok. but ensure to run php in non-suExec mode, since APC or XCache not efficient or just waste in php suExec mode (shared hosting usually in suExec mode)

Litespeed Built in Cache over that?
VbOptimise?
-- litespeed build in cache has no conflict with opcode cache(APC or xCache), it's a kind of page cache(link varnish), you can enable both.
please refer http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:litespeed:cache:vbulletin
how to set up litespeed built in page cache with vBSEO

THere is an interesting post by eva here.

When you install memcache php extension from source compile there is a memcache.php file you can setup and configure which shows those stats

If using single server then APC or Xcache would be faster than Memcached. You only need Memcached when you're using a PHP handler which doesn't support php opcode cachers like APC or Xcache i.e. suPHP and cgi PHP handlers don't support APC or Xcache for apache web servers and default Litespeed php suExec doesn't support APC or Xcache either so you need to use Memcached as I did above.

If you want to use APC or Xcache, then you need to switch to mod_php (DSO) or fastcgi for Apache or switch to mod_php (DSO) and disable php suExec for Litespeed.

As to number of cpus for Litespeed it's explained on my blog at here, need to leave a few cpu cores for PHP and other tasks, so cpu cores needed for Litespeed usually halve the number of total cpu cores you have.

With Litespeed web server and mod_php (DSO) non php suExec or Nginx php-fpm best opcode PHP cacher i find is APC cache if single server setup.

If you have multiple web servers, you have no choice but to use Memcached as it's only one that has distributed caching support across multiple servers.

First client above had 2x load balanced Litespeed web servers with php non-suExec mod_php PHP handler but had to use 2x memcached servers per web server (2x2 = 4 memcached servers in total) for caching vB optimise/datastore to be able to share cache across 2x load balanced Litespeed web servers.

Second client single Litespeed web server with 2x memcached server instances.

Usually, for my paying private clients I install memcache php extension + memcached server from source compilation and configure them to support multiple memcached server instances per server.

http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/blog...some-reduction-mysql-reloaded-query-load-247/
How can one run Litespeed, LSPHP, mod_php, and APC.
Basically, i am trying to gain best performance.

I think in eva's term,
Litespeed web server and mod_php (DSO) non php suExec = litespeed + lsphp(run in non suExec mode)

but lsphp itself belongs to fast-cgi class, not mod_php(DSO), mod_php(DSO) is only one of apache's php implementations.

for best performance, we recommend
litespeed + lsphp(run in suExec daemon mode).
more detail, please refer
http://blog.litespeedtech.com/2012/09/11/lsws-4-2-introduces-php-suexec-daemon-mode/
What is the best op code cache in the daemon mode?
xcache or apc?

All looks fine.

for best php performance, I'd suggest minimal "Configure Command" of php.
and choose better performance one. for example,
--with-mysql=/usr
==>--with-mysql=mysqlnd
--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config
==>--with-mysqli=mysqlnd

you can start with --disable-all then add only needed more build options.