Enable LSCache for all dynamic hosted sites?

How can I enable LSCache for all dynamic pages without breaking any plugins/scripts. I do not want to indivudally enable it for one single site, but for all of them in shared hosting environment and cagefs.

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Fair criticism. Our cache documentation is probably not all it should be. We do have guides for Magento, IPBoard, and vBulletin, but not for WordPress.

Page caching is often not a simple cookie-cutter process. Different sites have different pages that can or cannot be cached and the page cache need to be set up specifically for these sites. We are currently working on ways to make this process easier, but it's very difficult to make something that will both effectively cache content that should be cached and not cache content that shouldn't be. You will notice that just about all page caching solutions have this learning curve.

That is the reason it is hard for our techs to answer questions like "Whats the htaccess code for enabling it for WordPress and other popular scripts at least?" It need to be customized to your site. You will be able to get much more out of our support if you try specific rules yourself and then ask us questions about why these rules did or did not work. In this sense, though, you are right — page caching can still be a difficult beast.

As for private vs. public cache for shared hosting, I would say "private cache." Private cache is not very efficient, but you at least won't serve content to the wrong people accidentally. Public cache is not something you want to enable for all users. In fact, page caching (any page caching) is not particularly compatible with shared hosting.

Michael

Howdy,

Fair criticism. Our cache documentation is probably not all it should be. We do have guides for Magento, IPBoard, and vBulletin, but not for WordPress.

Page caching is often not a simple cookie-cutter process. Different sites have different pages that can or cannot be cached and the page cache need to be set up specifically for these sites. We are currently working on ways to make this process easier, but it's very difficult to make something that will both effectively cache content that should be cached and not cache content that shouldn't be. You will notice that just about all page caching solutions have this learning curve.

That is the reason it is hard for our techs to answer questions like "Whats the htaccess code for enabling it for WordPress and other popular scripts at least?" It need to be customized to your site. You will be able to get much more out of our support if you try specific rules yourself and then ask us questions about why these rules did or did not work. In this sense, though, you are right — page caching can still be a difficult beast.

As for private vs. public cache for shared hosting, I would say "private cache." Private cache is not very efficient, but you at least won't serve content to the wrong people accidentally. Public cache is not something you want to enable for all users. In fact, page caching (any page caching) is not particularly compatible with shared hosting.

Michael
Thanks for a proper response! However we're still far from having rules for htaccess code for wordpress, I understand each wordpress install is unique but 99% of them are still the same. You should at least have basic documentation for users who purchase litespeed cache to use on with wordpress vps but have no idea how to make it work.

How are we suppose to make your premium product work with a software we need which lacks documentation and has no support but the forums? Please explain

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

You're right — it would be great if we had an easy template for configuring LSCache for WordPress setups. Unfortunately, we don't have that at this time. In fact, if you search the Web, you'll find that there is an incredible dearth of solutions like this. That's because these kinds of templates are not easy to make. There is almost no easy page caching.

I can certainly understand if you decide not to use LSCache at this time because you are having trouble implementing it. Page caching can be very powerful, but it is not easy to implement. We will happily honor our 30 money back guarantee if you decide you do not want to use LSCache right now.

In the coming months, we will be working on ways to make LSCache easier to use with various web applications. I hope we can make LSCache more accessible to less experienced users. You're right that easy page caching would be of great help to lots of people.

Happy to answer any more questions you have.

Sincerely,

Michael