Install xmlrpc module

Hello
I'm trying to install xmlrpc module for php 5.4.37 .
I've installed this successfully :
yum install libicu-devel

Then i added this to "PHP 5.4.37 Build Options" via lsws web interface.

'--with-xmlrpc'

I build the php and restarted lsws .
The module didn't load after this and is not shown in php info.
litespeed's version is v4.2.21
control panel is directadmin.
OS is cloudlinux 6.6

Also I've Cagefs enabled. So i ran this too:
cagefsctl --force-update

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply
your link is for PHP Selector feature in CloudLinux. It has no effect on Litespeed's php config and also I didn't enable it on my server.
Enabling XMLRPC on a apache with directadmin server is really easy. The problem is that compiling custom php, with directadmin's custombuild has no effect on Litespeed.
I've searched the web and didn't find any useful link for this.

- I prepared the same environment on another server. directadmin. cloudlinux but with apache.
-I was able to easily enable the xmlrpc with custombuild of DA.
-I dont think that it's related to OS. it must be the webserver and the way that it compiles the php.
-For example on my LS server I can't enable exif too. I used --enable-exif via web interface of lsws. section : Compile PHP with LSAPI was completed without errors. but the module didn't activate. I check it with "php info"
-Is there any other useful logs that i could check for errors?
-Could i add modules directly into a file and rebuild php via SSH?
- could be upgrading or downgrading lsws useful in my case?
- Could you please try to add xmlrpc on a LS test server, for double check?

Thanks

NiteWave

Administrator
build lsphp for DA should be as easy as apache. look:
http://www.litespeedtech.com/products/control-panel-plugins/directadmin-plugin
there is a button "Build Matching PHP Binary", this is the preferred way to build lsphp for DA
the built lsphp should be at /usr/local/lsws/fcgin-bin/lsphp*. you can run the it at command line:
/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.x.x -i
to verify if xmlrpc or exif is in it.

if above is confirmed, then the next step is to check why this lsphp binary not picked up in cloudlinux environment.
this is why I asked you to query cloudlinux as well. not only OS, cloudlinux has a set of solution which include WHM/cPanel, Plesk, litespeed support, php selector etc.

this is a quick reply. our other staff may reply as well.

Thanks. I've installed the DA plugin of LS. and used it.

Also here is what i get from command line:

/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.4.37 -i | grep xmlrpc
Configure Command => './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5' '--with-litespeed' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/lib/php.conf.d' '--with-curl=/usr/local/lib' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql=mysqlnd' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=mysqlnd' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr/local' '--with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-xsl' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--enable-zip' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-soap' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-icu-dir=/usr/local/icu' '--enable-intl' '--enable-exif' '--with-imap=/usr/local/imap-2007f' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-xmlrpc'
xmlrpc_error_number => 0 => 0
xmlrpc_errors => Off => Off
xmlrpc
core library version => xmlrpc-epi v. 0.51
homepage => http://xmlrpc-epi.sourceforge.net

The xmlrpc and exif and imap are preset here but not at my php info.

Then i tried to use the command line php build for DA.:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/litespeed/admin/build_lsphp options

I got this error:
Configuring PHP build (2-3 minutes) using /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/lsws/configure.p hp5
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type:
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking build system type... config.sub: missing argument
Try `config.sub --help' for more information.
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub failed
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/lsws/configure.php5: line 35: --with-xmlrpc: command not f ound

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/c ustom/lsws/configure.php5 file

Thanks Pong
I'll use that guide for future builds. Unfortunately this is a working server with many users on it.I can't install a fresh copy of LS and should find a way to fix this.

Last edited:

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Skip the fresh installation of LiteSpeed. Just locate the button in DA CustomBuild to build mathing PHP to see how it is going.

Thanks Pong
-I used DA Custombuild to build matching php. I updated custombuild/custom/ap2/configure.php5 for my special modules.
-It went good without any warnings or errors. The modules exif xmlrpc became enable for httpd . Then I switched to LS and the modules are not active anymore.
-Also I found that there is config file for lsws in custombuild/custom folder. I checked and this file had no change after the build of matching php.
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/lsws/configure.php5
-should this file have the configs ?