Litespeed test.php benchmarks - Part 2 - Apache + Varnish vs Litespeed Cache
Correction: below tests were incorrectly done in that it wasn't actually static test.txt file tests continuance of Part 2 text.txt at http://www.litespeedtech.com/support...ead.php?t=4603 but in fact tested php file test.php.
For Part 2, revisiting test.php for some Apache + Varnish vs Litespeed cache tests. Part 1 tests were at apachebench low requests rate of 1000 where Litespeed cache came out on top with near 2x times Apache + Varnish performance. So for this round will be bumping that up to testing 100,000 and 1 million requests with concurrency levels of 200 to 1000 and 5000.
Both Apache 2.2.3 and Litespeed 4.0.19 are at stock out of the box settings size. Static test.php file used can be found here. ERROR I made a mistake, below tests aren't static test.txt file tests but test.php test as explained here
Update: Jan 28
Updated table. Ended up with these litespeed settings which pushed out >28k requests per second! Raising the max connection and max keep alive requests limits in litespeed admin console from 2000 to 5000 and 1000 to 5000 resulted in the biggest boost from 13,587 rps to 27,976 rps average. Tuning lsphp5 process limits and children values helped as well to top out at 28,093 rps average. Notice the cpu loads were closer to Apache+Varnish with these tuned changes.
Update: Jan 30
Added Litespeed + Varnish tests results to above table
Doh I made a mistake, I didn't actually do the above tests against static test.txt file but against test.php file which contained
Litespeed folks confirmed it was a memory leak in 4.0.19. They have patch fixed the leak and new 4.0.19 downloads will be memory leak free. Redoing the above test with 4.0.19 fixed version results in some improvements. Updated above table for re-run with fixed 4.0.19 version.
Looks like lower performance is due running out of connections in litespeed
After raising litespeed max connection and max keep alive requests limit, litespeed cache really jumped into the lead with nearly 28k rps!
Updated table above.
Guess still running up against limits in centos/server need more tuning
will have to re-test soon.
Updated first post table. Ended up with these litespeed settings which pushed out >28k requests per second!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 AM.|