LWS Enterprise 4.2.1 and XCache
I would like ask you some information regarding the installation and configuration on my Hybrid Server (CentOS, 2 GB RAM, 1 Core Guaranteed), XCache opcode cache to accellerate php.
I am reading some posts in the forum and it seems that the version of LWS with suEXEC Daemon enabled, is compatible with opcode cache.
But, regarding other LWS settings and php handler, what settings should be configured?
I always knew, that XCache is not compatible with suPHP, and now my PHP configuration has suPHP as php handler.
So, my questions are:
1) What settings are recommended to use XCache with LWS?
2) What php handler is recommended to use?
3) PHP suEXEC should be enabled?
4) Other advice?
1) You can use default XCache settings to start off.
2) LSPHP external app (embraces the speed of mod_php and security of suPHP) which is the default php handler in LSWS.
3) PHP suEXEC should be enabled for shared hosting environment. It can be turned off in a dedicated environment (one user account or everyone runs as one user).
4) Also need to set lsphp5 external app "Run On Start Up" to suEXEC daemon. More details are at http://blog.litespeedtech.com/2012/0...c-daemon-mode/
thank you very much for your help.
So, following your advice, I will use LSPHP, as php handler in LSWS, right?
Please, other two questions:
a) Yes, I have a Hybrid Server on Wiredtree. Exactly, this plan (+ LWS).
So, in my case, should I turn off PHP suEXEC in admin litespeed:
b) Using LSPHP external app, it will change something in the use and management of the server? (permissions, compatibility with wordpress, rewrite, htaccess, etc)
c) In this way, it will work correctly also the admin interface of XCache? I always had problems with it, because I was constrict to switch from suPHP to DSO or Cgi.
a) as pointed out in 3) in previous post, PHP suEXEC should be enabled for shared hosting (you have multiple user accounts hosted running as their own userid).
b) no change from your side, LSWS will handle the rest.
I understood. Thank you very much webizen!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:37 PM.|