04-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Setup for Rails via Litespeed Ruby LSAPI
While there is fairly good documentation of the process for running Rails on Litespeed via FastCGI, I'm having trouble finding a step-by-step description of the configuration process for deploying Rails apps via the Litespeed Ruby LSAPI.
Steps done so far:
I tried to configure the many LSAPI app options, but aside from adding an extra environment variable LSAPI_CHILDREN=n to match the "Max Conns" value, it's not clear to me what the other option values should be set to. When I restart Litespeed and test the Rails app in the browser, a dialog appears to download dispatch.lsapi as a binary file.
$ cd ruby-lsapi-1.0
$ ruby setup.rb config
$ ruby setup.rb setup
$ sudo ruby setup.rb install
- Copy dispatch.lsapi to Rails app's public/ directory
- Change shebang line to reference /opt/local/bin/ruby
- Change rewrite rule in public/.htaccess as described in Ruby LSAPI README
- Add same rewrite rule in Litespeed admin console (just in case)
- Server Configuration > External Apps > Add, Type: LSAPI APP
I'm sure I'm missing something relatively simple, but with no documentation of the process to go by, I'm flummoxed. As mentioned above, a detailed, step-by-step walkthrough for creating a new Rails virtual host in Litespeed and getting it working via the Ruby LSAPI would be most greatly appreciated. I'm happy to volunteer myself as the lab rat!
With sincere gratitude,