Suspending accounts on cPanel
I done some tests with suspending accounts at cPanel server. I found 3 bugs/differences:
1. I created a test account with domain lsws.domain.com.
2. I created by FTP:
public_html/sub/ - directory
public_html/sub/.htaccess - empty file
public_html/sub/script.php - empty file
3. I created a subdomain in cPanel (sub.lsws.domain.com).
4. I suspended the account in cPanel.
The bugs were at:
1. http://sub.lsws.domain.com/ - there was no redirect to suspended page until lsws restart or change in public_html/sub/.htaccess
2. http://lsws.domain.com/sub/script.php - there was 403 error (should be redirect to suspended page) (the line "Options -Includes -Indexes -ExecCGI" in public_html/.htaccess works, but "RedirectMatch .* http://server_domain/suspended.page/" doesn't). Even lsws restart doesn't help for that.
I also found a difference with Apache. It occurs when account exceed its bandwidth limit and after that it will be suspend (by admin/reseller in WHM). At Apache the site will be redirected to suspended page. In lsws will be information about bandwidth exceed.
Last edited by slimak; 02-27-2007 at 07:46 AM..