03-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Join Date: Feb 2010
cPanel SSL Proxy Subdomain - 500 Error
Please try the following recipe on your CentOS (no CloudLinux!) cPanel test server:
1. Login to WHM
2. Go to 'Tweak Settings' and make sure the following are enabled:
- Proxy subdomains
- Proxy subdomain creation
3. Go to 'LiteSpeed Web Server' and switch to 'Apache'
4. Create a cPanel account on the *shared IP* with a real domain that resolves to the server. We will call it test-domain.com in this example.
5. Go to 'Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request', and create a new certificate
6. Go to 'Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain', and paste the new certificate, and also the new key. Change the user to 'nobody', then click 'Submit'
7. Visit https://cpanel.test-domain.com/ (use the actual domain, take note of the 'https' and the 'cpanel.', and also do not enter any port number).
8. A certificate message should appear, allow it, and you will be able to log into cPanel.
9. Now log into WHM again and go to 'LiteSpeed Web Server' and switch to 'LiteSpeed'
10. Once again, visit https://cpanel.test-domain.com/ (use the actual domain, take note of the 'https' and the 'cpanel.', and also do not enter any port number).
11. You will now see a 500 error message instead!
Please advise - is this a LiteSpeed setting issue, or something that you can fix ASAP for the next version?