[Resolved] Content Encoding Error on .html but not .htm (same file, renamed)
I have a customer who just has a very simple index.html in their public_html which is failing with this:
If I change the file name to .htm (from .html) it loads perfectly fine. If I leave it as .html and I go into the LiteSpeed Admin control panel and disable GZIP compression it loads fine.
I've never seen this issue before but admittedly not very many of our customers use .html files as most use .php.
I verified the issue with Enterprise v 4.0.13 and 4.0.14.
I did remove the .htaccess in the folder to make sure it wasn't causing an issue. I also made sure that GZIP Compression was disabled in their "Optimize Website" portion of their cPanel.
█ Michael Denney
- MDDHosting, LLC - Professional Hosting Solutions
LiteSpeed Powered - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, and VPS
Last edited by NiteWave; 06-07-2010 at 06:58 PM..