No, i haven't but i really think that it is the problem. eAccelerator gives a huge performance boost in my site and i use the eaccelerator_get and eaccelerator_put functions so i can't try it out on the live environment
Though i will try with litespeed 4.0.6 because (i hope) it doesn't use the rc version of eAccelerator
Also it will be good if we can select eAccelerator and Suhosin versions from the Compile PHP tab, having rc or beta in a production environment isn't the best thing to do
same thing when i downgraded to .6 but with the old php
Now when i try to recompile php i get
100 389 100 389 0 0 347 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 347
100 389 100 389 0 0 346 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
On Extracting LSAPI
Is there a work around? I didn't find one
Maybe i will do a os change, migrating from debian to centos soon, let's hope that the issue will go away
And now i fixed it with (a very stupid way) 1 minute cron job which counts the lsphp5 processes and if they are > 6 kills them all
I switched over to Ubuntu 8.10 Server because debian broke very bad in the middle of a traffic spike
I watched the server for a week, everything is working great. i only had a few problems with the rc eaccelerator so i compiled myself the stable version and everything worked great
i suggest you don't download the RC version on php build, it has bugs and it's a very very bad idea to pud unstable software on production servers
It is likely a PHP/APC internal problem.
Try turning off APC, or try eAccelerator, or upgrade APC.
Also, if it does not solve the problem, do
"strace -tt -T -p <pid_of_lsphp5>" and "strace -tt -T -p <pid_of_lshttpd>"