[RESOLVED] Customized Auto Index per cPanel User

AndrewT

First let me say that it would be nice to have support for Apache's mod_autoindex directives. While the LS method of using a PHP script is more customizable, it is just too complicated for some users.

Having said that, I'm not having any luck getting a custom auto index script to work on individual cPanel user accounts. It is enabled and the URI is set to /_lsautoindex/default.php but the script on the user account is not being used. I must be missing something obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewT

Why would it have to be /_autoindex/default.php? Seems like the point of setting the URI is so that you can set it to whatever you like. Regardless, I already tried this as well with no luck. There are no errors, the default auto index script for the server is simply used.

NiteWave

Administrator
After some more testing I've figured it out. An alias is still required to force it to use the local account's script.
something like:

Code:
alias /_autoindex/default.php /home/domain1/myindex.php
in httpd.conf, vhost section? so every vhost can have its own customized autoindex page or disable it. Looks like a nice trick worthing to recommend. Thanks

Last edited: