4.0 road map

Discussion in 'LSWS 4.1 Release' started by mistwang, Mar 19, 2008.

1. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

We will add an option to store vhost template members in a standalone flat text file.
  2. ctran73

ctran73 New Member

Ruby Rack Support?

How about Ruby Rack support?

3. 04nunhucks

04nunhucks New Member

Will PHP 5 come bundled in?
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

probably will not, just build your own from the web console.
  5. IrPr

IrPr New Member

There are a lot of advantages in performances and scability with LSWS but one of the most disadvantages is poor server status againts another webservers
    Apache has a server-status with minimal reports but lighttpd's server-status is great!

I would strongly suggest Server-status feature which has a lot of requests

Another requested feature is improved BW throtteling options for static files such as mod_limitipconn for apache which supports FILE TYPE, MIME TYPE and DIRECTORY
    Or at least same feature per VHost not globally
    my download servers got overloaded at every peak without these limits! i cant limit max connections globally because of my another customers :(

That would be really great to have this features in LSWS 4 and i cant wait

Thanks goes to LSWS Developers, Specially George
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  6. IrPr

IrPr New Member

Any timeline for 4.0 release?
  7. d3vnul

d3vnul New Member

I second that, it's been quite a gooood time since the development for 4.0 started.
  8. anewday

anewday Moderator

Really looking forward to this.
  9. PSS

PSS Member

Yes, can't wait! :)
  10. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

11. Tony

Tony Member

I have to agree with you there. The latest beta has improved the status page quite a bit it's a lot easier to use now. But the one thing that is lacking is a quick way to see where all the requests are going to. It's great there are 5 requests to domain.com but where on domain.com?

It would also be neat if somehow a basic server-status could match up with the control panels way of showing it. That way in cPanel for example the apache status link still shows something but this time coming from litespeed. But I don't know how feasible that would be but then it would make it really a drop in.

Still love litespeed a lot more than Apache though :D
  12. anewday

anewday Moderator

A better status page has been requested many times on this forum. I would also like the Apache Status page in WHM to be integrated with Litespeed's. ;)
  13. TomBG

TomBG New Member

This would be amazing. The only reason we're sticking with Apache conf's is because our hosting admin software uses templates for each virtualhost, and changing over to your XML format would be a hassle.

Any ETA on 4.0 release? Is anyone using 4.0 in production? I have about 10-20 web servers I'd like to migrate over and we just got a FreeBSD binary to play with.
  14. Tony

Tony Member

We use it on all our servers which is shared hosting. So for us that is the production level.
  15. Guermo

Guermo New Member

Have you had any issues since making the upgrade from to RC1? Do you think with the added features and easier transition from Apache 2.2 than you would get with version 3.3.24 makes up for any instability or bugs there might be?
    Is v.4.0RC1 quite a bit easier to install and configure, especially with cPanel?
  16. Tony

Tony Member

We're running RC1 without issue. We only use lsws and do not have Apache running at all. Everything runs great and cPanel plays nice with lsws so it does not know of anything.

The only headache we have is with frontpage as cPanel changed it's scripts recently for changing permissions and I have yet to figure them all out so that I can modify them to work with lsws. With frontpage use going down every day it's not a huge deal at this point for us.
  17. Guermo

Guermo New Member

Do you think v. 4.0RC1 would be easier to install and configure than version 3.3.24?
  18. Tony

Tony Member

The only difference between them is with 3.3.24 we'd have to run Apache still to proxy back shtml files for ssi. With 4.0RC1 we do not have to do this so using the whm plugin you can build the matching php then have the plugin switch lsws to port 80 and shutoff apache.
  19. Guermo

Guermo New Member

OK, thanks tony
  20. anewday

anewday Moderator

Will this be in 4.1?