503 errors

Discussion in 'General' started by philipm, Sep 16, 2010.

1. philipm

philipm New Member

I am occasionally getting 503 errors causing litespeed to restart to fix the issue. The problem is that litespeed isn't coming back on-line after the restart. It seems to be intermiten sometimes a week between errors, some times less than an hour. Suggestion on what to check?
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

3. tommynsong

tommynsong New Member

The problem is the the 503 error is random, I have gone through the log and try to re-produce it to no avail.
    All the modules/extensions are built at the same time as of php, so i don't think there's any incompatibility there.

Any other way to debug this? like a core dump of some sort?

Tommy
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

5. Equinox

Equinox New Member

503 errors here too

Hello,

I have a similar situation ; the 503 errors appear randomly across the whole site (I'm using vb4 ). Our hosts has recompiled php and installed the latest version and still same error. Now I have finally been able to recreate the error; when trying to edit this thread http://www.aniworlds.net/forum/aw-testing-field/9392-anime-article-index-test-thread.html it gives the 503 error EVERY time. I'm not that advanced in this field and I do not know yet how to access my server logs, our hosts said they now have them in debug mode . Can someone please tell me how I would do so ? Maybe I can post the results here and we can all put our heads together and see what's happening. I would appreciate anyone help at this point . This started to happen after a server upgrade btw, before we had never gotten a 503 before, now I get like 3 to 15 a day and it's incredibly frustrating. Please let us know.

P.S. I can provide log in with permissions to edit if any staff wants to give it a shot. Just let us know. Thank you so much for your consideration.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  6. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

good for trouble-shooting if issue can reproduce.
    I access the URL, it's normal and no 503. you mean after entering correct password, 503 will happen?