About the license and CPUs

Discussion in 'General' started by Brainlag, Jan 10, 2008.

1. webizen

webizen New Member

Your litespeed process does NOT use much cpu cycles. no need to upgrade at this point. It is the php process consumes heavily. You should either improve your php code or setup opcode cache to offload php.
  2. funzclub

funzclub New Member

sir leave about thme now im moving on a new server and i purchased enterprise edition license so tell me only that can i use same license on two servers ya license is only for one server
  3. webizen

webizen New Member

http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:license:all_about_licenses

Can one license be installed on multiple servers?

No, one license can only be installed on one server. If you have VPS, each VPS will require its own license. The license is generated based on server hardware signature. So if you upgrade your server hardware, please make sure your license is still valid.
  4. funzclub

funzclub New Member

ok sir thanks for exg. if i have a 2 tb hd in my server and i upgraded my hardware means i add 2tb hd more then we in this case our license will valid or not
  5. semprot

semprot Member

thanks for your suggestion. i really appreciate it.
  6. webizen

webizen New Member

That should be OK. License status will not be affected by that.
  7. ShoppingMopping

ShoppingMopping New Member

Superb.It’s a great work. Thank you for sharing it.
  8. ISSMT3

ISSMT3 New Member

I have two websites.
  9. A.Chakery

A.Chakery New Member

I am in a confusion in selecting the right LiteSpeed license for my server , I read the related topics and pages to this matter in knowledgebase and forum but one of my friends who is a computer engineer told me this :

so I really don't know what to do !!!

This is my server : Intel i7-4770
    Quadcore Haswell
    incl. Hyper-Threading Technology

Would you please tell me what is the right Plan for me ?
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  10. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

you can start from 2-CPU license, monitor the traffic and performance, and change the type of license monthly-base.

the CPU here not mean physical CPU, core looks better than CPU in the license context, but this term has been there for years and is not likely to change soon since it may confuse all of our current customers.

your CPU will be ok to run 4, 8-CPU license.
  11. A.Chakery

A.Chakery New Member

would you please tell me what is the best way to monitor my performance ?

thank you
  12. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

the best way should be you and every user feel the site faster and no one complaint.

there are many automatic monitor tools in the net, but is hard to tell which one is the best.

the first and most important thing looks to be the network traffic.
    then google analytics is an ideal tool to track your site's traffic hourly, daily, monthly.
  13. A.Chakery

A.Chakery New Member

14. JoseDieguez

JoseDieguez New Member

Does LiteSpeed have a stat of his own cpu usage?
  15. Michael

Michael Administrator Staff Member

LSWS does not keep track of CPU usage itself, but you can easily find this information from a top command. (The LSWS process will be named lshttpd.) You can track it with a monitoring application like Munin.

Cheers,

Michael