anyone monitoring lsws with cacti ? / server-status

ts77

Hi there,

I'm playing a little bit with cacti (http://www.cacti.net) for monitoring my servers.
So far everying is doing fine, load, memory, disk-space is monitoring, together with lots of mysql-statistics.
Only thing missing is lsws-monitoring ;).

For apache there is a script/template using server-status available (http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=4028) but I guess that feature wasn't ported to lsws (or am I wrong?).
Any ideas how to get data for monitoring? Is anyone doing this already?

Thanks,

Thomas

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Now that you mentioned it, we did create a Cacti templates for LiteSpeed and a companion SNMP script parser that you can bind to your favorite SNMP service.

Once we find it and clean it up for release, we will release it in a new "extensions/custom scripts" forum/wiki area.

Cacti is very nice. Though it has had it's injection vunerbilities so don't expose cacti to the public.

ts77

thx, looking forward to it.
just curious, how does that script parser get its data?
currently I'm not using snmp, just retrieving the data remotely through ssh / command-line scripts. but once there is one solution there will be others for sure :).

ts77

wow, thats interesting stuff in there.
yeah, I could parse that.
now that I could get snmp through tcp over ssh to work I would be really interested in the snmp-client/-parser too :)

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Work is ongoing for a set of cacti template for vhosts, external apps, and general traffic stats via snmpd for LiteSpeed products. Will be available in a few days.

Parts:

1) New php based stats parser. Status: Complete
2) snmpd.conf changes. Status: Complete
3) php parsed data to snmp translator/bridge: Complete.
4) Cacti xml templates: Creating/Testing.

Updated 7/16

Last edited:

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Cacti Template + Generic Lsws Stats SNMP feed will be released on Monday.

System is comprised of 3 parts.

1) Parser

PHP 5 based parser class which simplify the parsing of .rtreport for LiteSpeed products and parses the data into a uniform structure.

2) SNMPD bridge

Translate the the Parsed data into SNMP walkable/getable data. Integrates with SNMPD.

3) Cacti Host/Data/Graph Templates

Point and click system to generate graphs for each vhost and for each external application within each remote server. Cacti will automatically query and retrieve via SNMP the list of configured Vhosts and ExternalApps. This is as easy as it can get.