APC/eAccelerator "restarts"

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by alatom, Jan 28, 2009.

1. alatom

alatom New Member

After installing Litespeed ent. which was rather easy even for a noob like me, we have a problem with APC.
    For some reason APC "restarts" every now and then, sometimes its up for 5 sec sometimes for 5 min. We also tried eAccelerator with the same result.

We use PHP suEXEC, can this have anything to do with it?
  2. alatom

alatom New Member

Problem solved.. uninstalled litespeed enterprise and went for good old apache.. and voila! it works!
  3. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

More likely the cache memory size has been set to a large value, you need to increase the memory limits for "lsphp5". Login to LSWS web console and check the configuration of server level lsphp5 external application.
  4. alatom

alatom New Member

I tried cache memory size from 8-128 mb and none worked, over 128 was just 503 error.
    The memory limit for lsphp5 was 512 so that shouldn't be the problem..
  5. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

What you experienced is normal I think, as PHP suEXEC will not share the same opcode cache memory like Apache mod_php does, each lsphp5 process will have its own cache memory, so, in order to make it more efficient, make the on disk cache storage available.
  6. alatom

alatom New Member

From what I understand by the wiki article only a single APC shared memory slice will be created and shared by all children when using that method.
  7. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

That's true for PHP in non-suEXEC mode.