Autotupdate Folder and Error logs

I was going through my server doing some house cleaning this morning and I noticed that my litespeed directory was quite large.

After digging into it the 2 culprits were the logs folder and the autoupdate folder.

It appears the autoupdate directory is filled with all of the previous version of litespeed I've had installed (even though I removed all but the last 3 versions via the web panel).

There's at least 13 previous versions taking up around 200Mb.

Is it safe to remove these and shouldn't they be removed from the folder automatically when I remove them from the control panel?

The log folder also had some really old logs in it, error logs going back as far as last May. It seems that error logs aren't rotated (all other log types are fine), is this expected behaviour (so that possible problems can be diagnosed) or is there some setting I've missed that rotates them?

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Yes, you can remove files under the autoupdate folder. They are not removed automatically.

For the old error logs, it should be removed if Litespeed has been configured to do so. we will check.

Great, just removed those old auto update files. I haven't touched the log settings so they're still at whatever the defaults are currently (if that's of any help).