awstats alias

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by henster, Jun 24, 2006.

1. henster

henster New Member

Hi there,

I've installed litespeed and mongrel as a dispatch handler for a ruby/rails app.

I'm trying to get awstats working. I think its working under the skin since I have used the same setup for another static virtualhost and it works fine.

I think the /awstats/ alias is being overridden by the rails app.

I've added a proxy in contexts for "/" to mongrel. I guess I need to setup another for "/awstats/"? I cant get the settings right. Anyone got any good ideas?

Thanks
    Henry
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Please make sure the access logging has been turned on and using its own log file for that vhost.
    "/awstats/" alias is added automatically and has higher priority than the "/" proxy context.

For running rails, we still recommend our ruby lsapi module which give you the best performance and reliability. Single mongrel cannot take advantage of SMP server. :)
  3. henster

henster New Member

Hi mistwang,

Thanks for the reply! The access logging is using its own logging file. Have you got the awstats addon working with a mongrel before?

Thanks for the tip on the dispatcher. I'm on a dual cpu vps so probably should make the change. I'm still quite keen to get this working though.... just pure stuborness. :)

I'd be happy to PM my admin details if you are interested.

-h