Awstats config questions

1. On a virtual host with Restrained setting enabled and Awstats reports set to Dynamic I'm getting the 403 error when trying to access reports:

Path [/opt/lsws/add-ons/awstats-7.3/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl] is beyond restrained VHOST root

How can I overcome this while still keeping the Restrained setting for security?

2. Awstats has capabilities for an authenticated users section. Is it possible for LS to log usernames (ex: on a forum) into the access log so that awstats can pick this up?

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You need to remove the symbolic link /opt/lsws/add-ons/awstats, rename /opt/lsws/add-ons/awstats-7.3 to /opt/lsws/add-ons/awstats .

I have no idea on how to log a PHP variable (username) into access log. Can you do that with Apache?

Thanks for the quick answer, this fixed the problem.

FYI: this is how Awstats installed when I've accepted the option to install Awstats during the Litespeed Standard installation process.

Also, Awstats reports were not generating with the HTML option because /add-ons/awstats/tools/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl did not have executable permissions. Changing permissions on this file from 644 to 755 allowed HTML reports to generate.

I'm new to access logs and it seems that I've misunderstood what authenticated users log variable represents. It seems to be for .htaccess type authentication only and I haven't found any info about passing PHP variables there. That drops my second question.