awstats log file spec

zoom

When using the awstats add-on module I found a couple of problems. The first problem was easily fixed by downloading 3.3.10 ( addresses the issue of awstats redirecting to https even when it's not enabled). The second issue is with LogFile entry in the awstats configuration file for the virtual host. Instead of using my Log definition for the virtual host $VH_NAME_access.log it's using $VH_NAME_access.log.awstats. I assume this is a bug???

zoom

When does it roll the log file over to logfile.awstats. The reason I ask is because when using the template I have my stats to update hourly. However, I'm noticing some sites which have access_log.awstats and other which don't.

Sites which have just the access_log file seem to be current. Sites which have the file access_log.awstats seem to be days behind?? Why??

Can some explain how awstats works within litespeed?

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
access_log will be renamed to access_log.awstats when LSWS update AWSTATS, access_log.awstats is the log file to be processed by awstats. after processing it, it will be archived or removed.

If access_log.awstats exists, LSWS will not initiate new awstats update assuming there is one in process. So, you should remove it if it is a few days old to let LSWS resume awstats update.