Bandwidth usage control with Cpanel

Discussion in 'General' started by fernandomm, Mar 30, 2011.

1. fernandomm

fernandomm New Member

Hi,

I have litespeed installed on a Cpanel server.

Some users have exceeded their bandwidth limit this month and litespeed is still serving their pages while it should show a message about bandwidth usage exceeded.

Is this not supported by litespeed yet or it's probably something wrong with my configuration?

Thanks!
  2. webizen

webizen New Member

LiteSpeed supports that. see if you have "Bandwidth limit check" (Server Configuration -> Tweak Settings) disabled in whm. it needs to be turned on.
  3. fernandomm

fernandomm New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It is turned on in my WHM configuration, just checked.
  4. webizen

webizen New Member

is the website status for those exceed limit showing "Disabled (Bandwidth Limit Exceeded)" in Account Functions -> Limit Bandwidth Usage?
  5. fernandomm

fernandomm New Member

No, not showing. Check the attached screenshot. This is what i get in one of the accounts.

Attached Files:

6. webizen

webizen New Member

click 'Change' button on that screen, do you see something like "Website Status: DISABLED (Bandwidth Limit Exceeded)" ?
  7. fernandomm

fernandomm New Member

Yes, when i click Change i see this message but the website keeps working.
  8. webizen

webizen New Member

do force reinstall from lsws (admin console -> actions -> version manager) and see if the issue disappears.
  9. fernandomm

fernandomm New Member

I could only test this during the weekend and even after the reinstall it doesn't work.

Tried to limit a few websites with a very low limit and it still doesn't work.

Litespeed version is 4.0.20.
  10. webizen

webizen New Member

do 'grep bwlimited /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf' and paste the output here.
  11. fernandomm

fernandomm New Member

Hmm, this isn't returning anything. What could cause this problem?
  12. webizen

webizen New Member

for some reason (maybe manual removal or sth), the following line in apache conf file is missing which indicates mod_bwlimited module (for bandwidth limitation) isn't enabled in cpanel/whm. that's why lsws doesn't block the site.

13. fernandomm

fernandomm New Member

It seems that mod_bandwidth was not compiled last time easyapache was ran.

How exactly should i proceed in this case? Compile using easy apache and them reinstall litespeed to force it to use mod_bandwidth?
  14. webizen

webizen New Member

no need to reinstall lsws. just enable easyapache integration in lsws whm plugin and run easyapache to build configuration. lsws will pick up the new config afterward.

edit:
    mod_bwlimited is cpanel build-in module. that mod_bwlimited line should be there regardless of mod_bandwidth. that's why i suspect the line might be manually removed.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011