Bandwidth usage control with Cpanel

Hi,

I have litespeed installed on a Cpanel server.

Some users have exceeded their bandwidth limit this month and litespeed is still serving their pages while it should show a message about bandwidth usage exceeded.

Is this not supported by litespeed yet or it's probably something wrong with my configuration?

Thanks!

webizen

LiteSpeed supports that. see if you have "Bandwidth limit check" (Server Configuration -> Tweak Settings) disabled in whm. it needs to be turned on.

webizen

is the website status for those exceed limit showing "Disabled (Bandwidth Limit Exceeded)" in Account Functions -> Limit Bandwidth Usage?

I could only test this during the weekend and even after the reinstall it doesn't work.

Tried to limit a few websites with a very low limit and it still doesn't work.

Litespeed version is 4.0.20.

webizen

for some reason (maybe manual removal or sth), the following line in apache conf file is missing which indicates mod_bwlimited module (for bandwidth limitation) isn't enabled in cpanel/whm. that's why lsws doesn't block the site.

LoadModule bwlimited_module modules/mod_bwlimited.so

It seems that mod_bandwidth was not compiled last time easyapache was ran.

How exactly should i proceed in this case? Compile using easy apache and them reinstall litespeed to force it to use mod_bandwidth?

webizen

no need to reinstall lsws. just enable easyapache integration in lsws whm plugin and run easyapache to build configuration. lsws will pick up the new config afterward.

edit:
mod_bwlimited is cpanel build-in module. that mod_bwlimited line should be there regardless of mod_bandwidth. that's why i suspect the line might be manually removed.

Last edited: