Broken images. Partially displayed images. Can't upload new images. Help!

Doubletap

I run two instances of Invision Power Board (IPB) on a VPS using LiteSpeed. I just upgraded to LS 4.2.2 yesterday to see if that would fix the problem I'm about to describe, but it did not.

Previously running Apache I had none of these problems. I have also tried doing a forced reinstall of LS and that did not help either. Have combed through various threads and so far nothing I've seen explains the problem I am experiencing.

PROBLEM:

Ever since switching to LS a month ago, whenever I or some of my members try to upload new avatar graphics or other JPEG, PNG, GIF attachments, the upload appears to be broken and will not display properly.

If I copy the direct URL to the image that was uploaded into my browser's address bar and access it that way, sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. A forced refresh can be necessary at times.

Furthermore, when I've updated my forum software via FTP, on more than one occasion the images uploaded via FTP do the exact same thing. Sometimes they display, sometimes they don't. Sometimes a forced refresh of the browser corrects it, sometimes it doesn't.

I've tried emptying the browser cache completely in both Firefox and Chrome and have had the same hit or miss results.

The only common denominator at this point seems to be the LS HTTP engine.

I really need some help on this as it's become EXTREMELY frustrating to both me and my forums members.

Thanks.

NiteWave

Administrator
can you try 4.1.12 as well ? we just received a report that it looks something different between 4.1.12 and 4.1.13. if you can reproduce on your server, it'll help a lot, since it'll narrow down the scope greatly.

Last edited:

Doubletap

can you try 4.1.12 as well ? we just received a report that it looks something different between 4.1.12 and 4.1.13. if you can reproduce on your server, it'll help a lot, since it narrow down the issue greatly.
I'd be glad to. It's going to have to be a little bit later today but I will try it out and let you know.