Can't connect to mysql

palb

If the info.php states what MySQL client API version is, does it mean PHP is correctly configured for Litespeed and MySQL?

I can't connect to mysql, so I figured if above is true then it must be something within Litespeed settings, right? Any clues?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If the info.php states what MySQL client API version is, does it mean PHP is correctly configured for Litespeed and MySQL?
Yes.

I can't connect to mysql, so I figured if above is true then it must be something within Litespeed settings, right? Any clues?
No, LiteSpeed will not affect the PHP, it is completely a PHP issue.
Please double check the MySQL socket configuration in the info page.
Also, you can check lsws/logs/error.log and stderr.log see if PHP dump any error message.

brrr

Solution to MySQL and LiteSpeed connect prob on CentOS

I had the same problem: MySQL 5 and LiteSpeed do not work together out-of-the-box, at least on a default, vanilla CentOS 5 install.

The default LiteSpeed (compiled) PHP config is telling PHP that MySQL's UNIX socket is at:
/tmp/mysql.sock

When in fact it should be (the default on my CentOS 5 server):
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

To change it: edit: /opt/lsws/php/php.ini

and under the [MySQL] section, change it as follows:

Code:
; Default socket name for local MySQL connects.  If empty, uses the built-in
; MySQL defaults.
mysql.default_socket =/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
It worked for me.

It was a bit confusing though to track this down - there are at least *3* php.ini files floating around under the /opt/lsws directory.

Figuring out which one was active was only revealed (of course) by looking at the phpinfo output.