connection reset

Discussion in 'General' started by tuyra, Apr 11, 2012.

1. tuyra

tuyra New Member

hello,

i get this error a lot. i read the forums about this error but i couldn't solve it. i don't use any cache software like xcache. how can i find the source of this error?

thanks.
  2. webizen

webizen New Member

check stderr.log. usually the message indicates that lsphp5 fails (to start).
  3. tuyra

tuyra New Member

webizen, thnaks for reply.

i cleared error_log and stderr.log. error_log created same errors, but stderr.log is clear still.
  4. webizen

webizen New Member

find the url in question and run from command like '/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 /path/to/php_script'
  5. tuyra

tuyra New Member

how can i find the url? in question?

i have 6k instant visitors and many scripts working. i couldn't find any log what causes this error.
  6. webizen

webizen New Member

the url or file path usually is around the error message(a few entries before) in error_log. if that's alot, you may be able to reproduce by requesting it.
  7. tuyra

tuyra New Member

there isn't script name or url.

8. tuyra

tuyra New Member

any ideas?
  9. webizen

webizen New Member

do '/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 -v' or '/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 -i' from command line and see anything.
  10. tuyra

tuyra New Member

'/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 -v
    /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 -i

11. tuyra

tuyra New Member

see my post please, thanks.
  12. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

as long as you do not get 503 error in the log, there is nothing to worry about the "Connection reset" message. litespeed can recover when it happens.
  13. tuyra

tuyra New Member

thanks. but my visitors disconnect from the system sometimes. for examle, suddenly the server doesnt repsone about 30-90 secs and then respones again. what causes it?
  14. webizen

webizen New Member

is it just for particular user ? can you connect from the server itself during the time in question? maybe network or firewall issue?
  15. tuyra

tuyra New Member

i cant connect too, it happens for all users. i removed iptables, and i contacted with datacenter. they said there isn't any network problem. any ideas?
  16. webizen

webizen New Member

do following to verify if litespeed is running from server itself when the issue happens