Cpu license 1 or 4?

Hello

I don't understant exactly the difference in numbers for 1 cpu license and for the 4 cpu license for example....

If i have a server with 12 threads how many concurrent connections per second i can get with the 1cpu license and how many about with the 4 cpu License?

I will need to use it for a forum so i will have a few static files one database and a lot of php activity :)

Thank you

Michael

Staff member
Hi,

There are no concurrent connection limits for any licenses other than the VPS and Ultra VPS licenses.

As for the differences between a 1-CPU and 4-CPU license, they are discussed here: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:license:what_license_to_choose

As it says in that wiki, a 1-CPU license gives your installation of LSWS access to one core. A 4-CPU license gives LSWS access to 4 cores. (Threads are not counted. I'm assuming your server has 6 cores.) This does not affect how many cores PHP and MySQL have access to. They still have access to all your cores.

I would suggest a 1-CPU license. LSWS is fast and lightweight enough to run on a fraction of your server's cores. (My rule of thumb is 1/4.) If you want to try other licenses, you can upgrade or downgrade at any time. And, of course, there's the free trial license (that's a 2-CPU license).

Hope that answers your questions. There's more thorough discussion in the wiki.

Cheers,

Michael

[QUOTE="Michael[/QUOTE]

I have one more question. My processor is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v3 @ 3.50GHz

8 core.

Which license should I buy? This is a physical server.

Michael

Staff member