Cpu license 1 or 4?

Discussion in 'General' started by pamamolf, May 2, 2014.

1. pamamolf

pamamolf New Member

Hello

I don't understant exactly the difference in numbers for 1 cpu license and for the 4 cpu license for example....

If i have a server with 12 threads how many concurrent connections per second i can get with the 1cpu license and how many about with the 4 cpu License?

I will need to use it for a forum so i will have a few static files one database and a lot of php activity :)

Thank you
  2. Michael

Michael Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

There are no concurrent connection limits for any licenses other than the VPS and Ultra VPS licenses.

As for the differences between a 1-CPU and 4-CPU license, they are discussed here: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:license:what_license_to_choose

As it says in that wiki, a 1-CPU license gives your installation of LSWS access to one core. A 4-CPU license gives LSWS access to 4 cores. (Threads are not counted. I'm assuming your server has 6 cores.) This does not affect how many cores PHP and MySQL have access to. They still have access to all your cores.

I would suggest a 1-CPU license. LSWS is fast and lightweight enough to run on a fraction of your server's cores. (My rule of thumb is 1/4.) If you want to try other licenses, you can upgrade or downgrade at any time. And, of course, there's the free trial license (that's a 2-CPU license).

Hope that answers your questions. There's more thorough discussion in the wiki.

Cheers,

Michael
  3. qutaisel

qutaisel New Member

[QUOTE="Michael[/QUOTE]

I have one more question. My processor is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v3 @ 3.50GHz

8 core.

Which license should I buy? This is a physical server.
  4. Michael

Michael Administrator Staff Member