Custom Header

I'm curious if there's a way to insert headers on a site-wide basis, like Apache's "append" option? I need this to insert a P3P header to my pages. Some endusers have been complaining that their MSIE 6.x browsers quit taking my session cookies when I switched from Apache to lsws.

Also, I haven't gotten about the bug report I put in a month or so ago. Trying to get some room on my router box to install lsws. That's the only Linux/x86 box I have! Everything else is Alpha, MIPS, ultrasparc, etc..

Thanks again, you guys rock!
-Dustin

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Dustin,

Currently LSWS does not support response header manipulation itself, so you need to set all headers in your script. Unless response headers are different, I don't see the reason why IE like cookies from one web server but not that from another. ;)

That bug should be fixed in the forthcoming 2.0RC4 release. Thanks for the reminder. :)

George

mistwang said:
Dustin,

Currently LSWS does not support response header manipulation itself, so you need to set all headers in your script. Unless response headers are different, I don't see the reason why IE like cookies from one web server but not that from another. ;)

That bug should be fixed in the forthcoming 2.0RC4 release. Thanks for the reminder. :)

George
I was afraid you'd say that. I guess I can add it a PHP prepend file. I was hoping for a better solution site-wide, however.

The main reason is some people use MSIE 6's piracy settings to only allow certain cookies depending on what the site says they will do with the cookie information. I've been using the Apache "append" function to insert the "P3P:" header on all requests to point to my P3Pso .xml file that MSIE uses.

The impact seems fairly small (I've only had one user complain so far), so it's not a huge showstopper. Might be a nice feature to have in the future though.

I definitely owe you guys a drink.... If I had the money I'd buy the Pro version just to help you guys out...

-Dustin

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The main reason is some people use MSIE 6's piracy settings to only allow certain cookies depending on what the site says they will do with the cookie information. I've been using the Apache "append" function to insert the "P3P:" header on all requests to point to my P3Pso .xml file that MSIE uses.

The impact seems fairly small (I've only had one user complain so far), so it's not a huge showstopper. Might be a nice feature to have in the future though.
To add a header is easy, is that all you need? We can consider only that right now. :)
To set/unset/append will be a small performance hit though. so it may not be available soon.

I definitely owe you guys a drink.... If I had the money I'd buy the Pro version just to help you guys out...
Thanks! Appreciated! :-D
Just introduce LiteSpeed to more people then. ;-)

George

mistwang said:

To add a header is easy, is that all you need? We can consider only that right now. :)
To set/unset/append will be a small performance hit though. so it may not be available soon.

Thanks! Appreciated! :-D
Just introduce LiteSpeed to more people then. ;-)

George
Sorry about the extremely slow response. I've been busy moving and I'm just now getting around to unpacking.

Adding a header is all I need, correct. I don't care about anything fancier than that :).

I did get one of my coworkers hooked on LiteSpeed. Maybe I can convince him to send some money your way :).

-Dustin

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Sorry about the extremely slow response. I've been busy moving and I'm just now getting around to unpacking.

Adding a header is all I need, correct. I don't care about anything fancier than that :).
We will consider adding it in future release. :)

I did get one of my coworkers hooked on LiteSpeed. Maybe I can convince him to send some money your way :).
Thank you very much! :)

Hello
Sorry for updating old topic
but i found some sites using litespeed with custom header
how can i change header in litespeed ?
for example in some of theme , changed
Server: LiteSpeed
to
Server: MYserver