eAccelerator only loads as zend extension (not as php extension)

I just purchased a license and have compiled php5 via the web gui. I checked the box for Suhosin, and Mail Header patches, and selected the eaccelerator radio button.

I loaded up did a graceful restart of lsws, and loaded up the phpinfo page - Suhosin and eaccelerator weren't loaded so I followed the php.ini path from the phpinfo page (in my case it was /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/lib ) - created the php.ini file and added the following into it:

extension="suhosin.so"
extension="/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/eaccelerator.so"
eaccelerator.shm_size="32"
eaccelerator.cache_dir="/tmp/eaccelerator"
eaccelerator.enable="1"
eaccelerator.optimizer="1"
eaccelerator.check_mtime="1"
eaccelerator.debug="0"
eaccelerator.filter=""
eaccelerator.shm_max="0"
eaccelerator.shm_ttl="0"
eaccelerator.shm_prune_period="0"
eaccelerator.shm_only="0"
eaccelerator.compress="1"
eaccelerator.compress_level="9"
eaccelerator.log_file = "/var/log/eaccelerator_log"
eaccelerator.allowed_admin_path = "/home/emmteh/uncorrupted.net/public_html/control.php"
Suhosin would load, but eaccelerator wouldn't. I verified that the path to the module was correct and finally added zend_extension=/path/to/eaccelerator.so instead of just extension=/same/path and it worked.

I need the IonCube module and it won't work with eaccelerator loaded as a zend extension.

What do I need to do to get eaccelerator to work as a regular php extension and not a zend extension?

My php compile line is as follows:
--enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-exif --enable-ftp --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-libxml --enable-mbstring --enable-pdo=shared --enable-soap --enable-sockets --enable-zip --with-bz2 --with-curl --with-curlwrappers --with-freetype --with-gd --with-gettext --with-imap --with-imap-ssl --with-jpeg-dir=.. --with-png-dir=.. --with-libxml --with-mcrypt --with-mhash --with-mysql --with-mysqli --with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock --with-mysqli --with-openssl --with-sqlite=shared --with-pdo-mysql=shared --with-pdo-sqlite=shared --with-pdo-sqlite=shared --with-pic --with-ttf --with-zpm --with-xsl --with-zlib --with-snmp=shared --with-imagick --with-iconv --with-zip --with-curl-ssl --with-xpm-dir=.. --with-kerberos
Thanks!