eAccelerator only loads as zend extension (not as php extension)

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by Michael.Terence, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Michael.Terence

Michael.Terence New Member

I just purchased a license and have compiled php5 via the web gui. I checked the box for Suhosin, and Mail Header patches, and selected the eaccelerator radio button.

I loaded up did a graceful restart of lsws, and loaded up the phpinfo page - Suhosin and eaccelerator weren't loaded so I followed the php.ini path from the phpinfo page (in my case it was /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/lib ) - created the php.ini file and added the following into it:

Suhosin would load, but eaccelerator wouldn't. I verified that the path to the module was correct and finally added zend_extension=/path/to/eaccelerator.so instead of just extension=/same/path and it worked.

I need the IonCube module and it won't work with eaccelerator loaded as a zend extension.

What do I need to do to get eaccelerator to work as a regular php extension and not a zend extension?

My php compile line is as follows:
    Thanks!
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Try changing it to
    Code:
    extension="eaccelerator.so"
  3. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

or
    Code:
    zend_extension="/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/eaccelerator.so"
  4. Michael.Terence

Michael.Terence New Member

extension="eaccelerator.so" appears to have worked.

why wouldn't this work when giving the full path?

Thanks for the fix. :)
  5. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

PHP prepends "extensions_dir" for all PHP extension, does not for "zend_extension".