Exceeding the maximum dynamic response body size?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by David J Prokopetz, May 27, 2009.

1. David J Prokopetz

David J Prokopetz New Member

Heya, folks.

I have a bit of a conundrum on my hands. I have a PHP script that legitimately produces more than 1 GB of output. However, LiteSpeed doesn't appear to allow the maximum dynamic response body size to be increased to any value larger than 1 GB. Is there any way to get around this?

(I'm afraid that splitting the output into several files and/or using a header redirect isn't feasible for legacy reasons - I need this script to genuinely be able to spit out more than 1 GB of data. I was able to do this under Apache, but under LiteSpeed I'm hitting a wall.)

Thanks,

- Dave.
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

3. David J Prokopetz

Interesting. I'm not sure that's going to work, though. The file that's generated lands outside the document root, and - again, for irritating legacy reasons - this can't readily be changed. I'll see if I can work something out; while we're on the subject, what sort of timeframe might we be looking at to see an update that increases the cap?
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Just create a static context or use "Alias" directive in Apache httpd.conf to make the file accessible.
    we can put the change in 4.0.4 release. the next build could have the change.
  5. anewday

anewday Moderator

Don't forget to update the tooltip too. :)
  6. David J Prokopetz

Firstly, thanks for the tips - I was able to get it working with a combination of an internal redirect to an alias within the document root, and a mod_rewrite rule denying access to any request that didn't originate from an internal redirect.

One further question, though: are downloads via internal redirects resumable? My testing returned mixed results, but I may be doing it wrong.
  7. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Glad you make it work, it is 100 times more efficient.
    I think it should work with range request.