fcgid instead of fastcgi (py) ?

Hello

I would like to know if the Litespeed fastcgi app with python can be set as fcgid (which has better idle process mgt. -> see mod_fcgid). Otherwise, any suggestions, or info when it will be available ?

Many thanks !

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
python fcgi server may fork children process by itself, in kind of configuration, LiteSpeed cannot control fcgi processes.

In order to let LSWS to manage fcgi processes, you need to make sure python fcgi does not fork any children processes. The process started by web server is the process to handle requests. Then, change the fcgi external app configuration, set "Instances" to match "Max Connections", set "Max Idle time" a value greater than zero.

Thank you for your reply. Pardon my ignorance, but if I let LSWS manage fcgi processes, I understand python will still control the fcgi process per se, right ? If so, then using fcgid will be a python issue, but LSWS should be able to handle fcgid as well. Is this what you meant ? If not, what would be the difference the way LSWS controls fastcgi, and the way fcgid works ?

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If fcgi processes are managed by LSWS, LSWS can start and stop FCGI processes on demand, If fcgi processes are managed by python's internal fcgi process manager (fcgid), then LSWS only start one parent fcgi(d) process, the rest is the at the hand of python.